Swimmer Code of Conduct
The purpose of this code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’ behavior. Swimmers are required to sign their understanding of this information in the Parent Packet each season.
- I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets
- I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic
- I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior could result in suspension from the team.
- I will attend all team meetings and training sessions unless I am excused by my coach
- I will maintain an appropriate level of effort for the level I am in. If my coach notices that my attendance or effort in practice drops significantly, I understand that I can be reevaluated for that level in at any point in the season.
- I understand that I am expected to be in attendance at practice at least 50% of the time. If my attendance drops below 50%, I realize that I will be reevaluated for a different level.
- I will show respect for all facilities & other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions & team activities.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, and behavior deemed dishonest, offensive or illegal.
- If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
- I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules & Code of conduct
- I will adhere to the USA Anti-bullying policy
- I will be on time for practice each day
- I will scan my YMCA membership card each time I enter the YMCA.
- I will not use my cell phone in the locker room, on deck or at a dryland practice unless the coach allows me to use it for something swimming related.
- I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by my coaches, which may include expulsion from the team.