Service Requirements: Atlantis Swimming depends on parent service hours to help provide a quality swim program for all of our athletes. Atlantis also hosts several swim meets and special events each year, during which Club members staff positions to ensure that the meet or special event runs smoothly and according to the rules and regulations set forth by Michigan Swimming and USA Swimming. The income generated by hosting meets helps keep our swim fees reasonable for all of our swimmers. That is why we require service hours even if your child doesn't participate in meets.
The number of sessions required is a minimum requirement and all families are encouraged to help out as often as they are able. Service hour opportunities and signups will be available on the website on a first-come, first-serve basis. Questions about this obligation should be sent to the Service Coordinator at Service@bbaswimming.org
Failure to sign up and work the required sessions will result in a fine which will be charged to your account.
Obligation Details: As a condition of registration, every Atlantis family is responsible for working at least 2 service sessions (each lasting approximately 4 hours) during the 2017-2018 short-course season (September 2017-March 2018), and will be charged $150 per missed session. These charges will be processed by April 1, 2018 or upon notice of your withdrawal from the team, whichever occurs first. Additionally, if you sign up for a session and are more than 30 minutes late, you will be charged $150 for that session. Requests for exceptions due to special and/or unforeseen circumstances will be taken into consideration by the Board on a case-by-case basis.
There are also several open committee positions including special events chairpersons that need to be filled, and we hope that you will consider sharing your time and talent in one of those roles. These positions are a great way to get more meaningfully involved with the team, and may satisfy your annual family service hour obligation. If you are interested in one of these roles, please send an email to our Service Coordinator at Service@bbaswimming.org
General Signup Procedures: Most of our event signups (other than committee positions) will be handled through our website on a first come, first serve basis.
• An email will be sent to everyone shortly after signups for an event are opened, and a link will connect service hours to the Event Page on the website.
• The link will be identified by a “Job Signup” button located in the top-right corner of the email. There will also be a “Job Signup” button on the website home page next to the event listing.
• You must be logged-in to sign up.
• To signup, check the box next to the open slot you wish to fill and then click the “Signup” button at the bottom of the page. If your signup is successful, you will see your name listed in the numbered slot on the page.
• Any adult may work a session on your behalf, and teenagers under the age of 18 may work with the prior approval of the Chairperson of the event in which the session is scheduled. Accordingly, please be sure to add the name and phone number of the person that will be working the session when you sign up.
• Remember that signups will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early for times that best fit your calendar! Thank you in advance for your support and service!