ATHLETE PROTECTION TRAINING
MANDATORY TRAINING FOR NON-ATHLETE MEMBERS, APPLICABLE ADULTS AND 18+ ATHLETES
USA Swimming LEARN, a new online education hub, has launched!
All non-athlete members, applicable adults and athletes age 18+ are required to complete the Athlete Protection Training by clicking the link below. Are you an applicable adult? Click here to find out.
New members will be required to have their non-athlete application form and payment processed by Dawn Gurley (MI Swimming Registrar) before they can sign in to complete the course.
This certification is required for all new and existing members including coaches, officials, chaperones and meet directors. If you are registering with USA Swimming for the first time, this course applies to you.
The course is free of charge and completion status will be updated in your membership record within 24 hours. Initiate the course by entering your information in the boxes below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION (http://www.usaswimming.org/learn or www.usaswimming.org/apt)
To complete the Athlete Protection Training Certification, please follow the directions below:
- Enter your first name, last name, and birthday. Make sure to use your legal name. Click the Search button.
- When the system finds you, click on "CONTINUE" to access the LEARN site.
- You must take three courses to complete the requirement:
- "Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education"
- "Mandatory Reporting"
- "Emotional and Physical Misconduct"
You must complete the last evaluation questions on the three required courses, so that it will appear in SWIMS and match to your member record. Once you have fulfilled the requirement there will be a check mark on the course and you will receive an email congratulating you for completing the requirement.
Once you have completed your courses, your membership record will update within 24 hours with a new APT expiration date.
Your APT will expire 12 months after you complete all three courses.
Members must always enter LEARN via www.usaswimming.org/learn or www.usaswimming.org/apt. If you create a non-member account, you will not receive credit for the courses that you take.
If you get a "No Results Found" message, one of three things has happened:
- You may have made a typo on your name and birthday. Double check and resubmit.
- If everything is correct and you are or have ever been a member of USA Swimming, it is possible that there is a typo in your membership information in the USA Swimming database. Contact your LSC registrar (Dawn Gurley).
- You have never been registered with USA Swimming. You must join through your LSC (Michigan Swimming). New members will be required to have your application form and payment processed by your LSC registrar before you can sign in to complete the course.