DeWitt Jr. High Swimming & Diving
Calendar/Schedule - Click practice/meet schedule
Meet Results - links below
North Kickoff results & South Kickoff results
Conference Meet 2018 Results
Team Top Times List 2018
Team Records - links below
- Open to all 7th and 8th grade students enrolled in the Dewitt School District.
- Each student must be academically eligible to play school sports.
- Prior to the first practice, each swimmer must pay the $150 District Sports Fee. If the swimmer has already paid the $150 for another sport, they do not have to pay again.
- Each swimmer must have a sports physical on file in the Junior High Office for this year.
- Please bring your physical form and sports fee to the Junior High Office.
We will have a mandatory parent meeting on Monday 11/20/17 at 6:30pm in the Jr High Media Center to discuss the 2017-18 campaign. Students will sign up in the school office prior the parent meeting. This team will be advertised throughout November at the Jr High on the announcements weekly.
The DeWitt Junior High Swimming & Diving Team is the perfect complement to our Mid Michigan Aquatics program each year. This team allows DeWitt students to swim and dive for their school and compete as DeWitt Junior High athletes. It also is a beginning opportunity for new swimmers and divers who want to experiment with this sport before high school. Both current swimmers/divers and new swimmers/divers are welcome and necessary to help DeWitt compete at the high school level in future years.
Members of this school sanctioned sport will need to be enrolled in the 7th and 8th grades in DeWitt Public Schools. Team members will need to have an annual sports physical on file and have paid the annual sports fee in the Jr High office. A sign-up sheet will be available in the Jr High office beginning in November for students to enroll. The season begins the Monday after Thanksgiving and runs through the months of December and January. Students will compete with area schools in dual meets and invitationals and learn about the sport.
The team calendar is located on the website along with the meet schedule for this year. Watch for any updates as the season progresses.
Please email Head Coach Steve Shipps or Assistant Coach Joe Bolda if you have any questions.