Grand Ledge Middle School Swimming & Diving
Eligibility and Cost
- Open to all 6th,7th, & 8th grade students.
- Athletes will pay a $150.00 coaching fee.
- Non-MMA athletes need to pay a $75 insurance fee ($225 total)
- Checks payable to MMA Hurricanes.
- Parents must turn in a signed a concussion waiver and a current physical to the parent meeting at the first practice.
We will have a mandatory parent meeting Thursday, November 16th at 6:30 pm in the bleachers at the Grand Ledge High School Pool to register swimmers and discuss the 2017-2018 season.
The Grand Ledge Middle School Swimming and Diving Team is the perfect compliment to our Mid-Michigan Aquatics program each year. This team allows Grand Ledge middle school students to swim and dive for their school, and compete as Grand Ledge Middle School athletes. It is also a beginning opportunity for new swimmers and divers who want to experiment with this sport before high school. Both current swimmers/divers and new swimmers/divers are welcome and necessary to help Grand Ledge compete at the high school level in future years.
Team members will need to have an annual sports physical on file, or bring one the first day of practice. The season begins Monday after Thanksgiving, November 27th, and runs through the months of December and January. Students will compete with area schools in dual meets and invitationals, and learn about the sport.
If you have any questions contact Kevin Ries or Coach Damon Robertson