Read the information below, then, if you still have questions, check with any of the coaches or your pool parent for assistance.
Entering Swim Meets
Q: Which swim meets do I sign up for?
A: All of them! We are a competitive swim team and practice hard every day to be successful in swimming competitions. The meets are very important in the athletes' progression. The meets chosen on the schedule are carefully selected for every athlete to achieve their competitive success in the sport of swimming. If a meet conflicts with family commitments, then please let the Head Coach know. Unless you don't qualify for the particular meet, then you are expected to attend.
Q: How do I sign up to swim in a meet?
A: You will receive an email from SAC when a meet becomes available for sign-up. Remember that there is a deadline for sign-up that is listed on the email and on the registration information on the website.
After signing-in on the SAC website, click on the “Attend this Event" box under the meet of interest in the “Upcoming Events" section at the lower-right corner of the homepage.
Q: Which events should I sign up for?
A: Discuss with your coach which events are appropriate.
Q: Where do entry times come from?/Can I submit alternate entry times?
A: Entry times are generally a swimmer’s fastest legal time in an event recorded in our database. For some meets, such as the state championships, only the fastest times achieved in the last year are considered. A swimmer who does not have a time in an event may be entered by the coach with no-time or a time estimate from a similar event or a practice. If you have alternate times for the coach to consider such as times from a middle or high school meet, include them in the "Notes" section when you are signing-up for a meet.
Q: How do I know that my meet entries are accepted?
A: When you select your child’s desired events at a meet, they will have a status of “committed". Coaches will review, update and finalize all entries after the entry deadline. Once this process is completed, each swimmer’s status will change to "approved", typically within a few days of the entry deadline.
Q: How do I pay my meet fees?
A: Meet entry fees are automatically added to your account balance and will be included in your next month’s bill. Meet fees are not refundable even if your child did not attend the swim meet. (this would be a meet host nightmare)
Other Common Questions
What happens if I choose my events now and then get best times at upcoming meets? Will my seed times be updated? Can I change events?
- SAC will always use the fastest results which are allowed to use for entry into championship competition.
- You may change your events on our website until a coach "approves" your entry. This generally happens after the SAC entry deadline closes.
Can I have a coach help choose my events? What if I don’t know which events to swim?
- Print a copy of the order of events and take it to your coaches at practice. Your coaches will help you select events.
- Or, "commit" to meet on our website, but don’t choose events. Your coaches will select your events for you and you will be billed for those selections. You can add notes to your coaches in the "notes" text box if you have specific requests or concerns.
Michigan Swimming Short Course Championship Meets
- [ Click here ] for a complete explanation of the Michigan Swimming District, Junior Olympic and State Championship meets.
- [ Click here ] to go directly to the "Time Standards" page to see the qualifying times for each meet.
Using High School or Middle School Times
Swimmers are automatically entered into meets with their fastest times for each event that have been achieved while swimming for SAC in a USA Swimming sanctioned meet. If a swimmer has achieved quicker times in other meets, follow these you must contact the Head Coach to have their alternate times considered.