Summer 2020 Training & COVID Re-entry
We are excited to get everyone back to start training! As you might expect practices will be very different than in the past. The health and wellbeing of our athletes and staff is our number one priority. If you haven’t already please view our recorded reentry parent meeting. Please also see our policies and procedures for reopening. We will be enforcing strict adherence to the reopening policies in order to keep everyone safe.
Kit List | Recreation Passport (For Silver Lake)
Important dates to know
- Wednesday 7/1 (evening) - registration opens. Your prompt registration will help us greatly with assigning practice sessions.
- Sunday 7/5 - We will send the swimmer's their practice times by Sunday.
- Monday 7/6 - We will have a zoom meeting for all the swimmers to remind them of the procedures. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Tuesday 7/7 - Start practices as assigned.
Group placements/ Evaluation days
Returning swimmers will receive an email with their group assignment. Once registration is open, this is the group you will register your swimmer for.
"New" swimmers (have never swam for the team OR swam for the team prior to Sept. 2019):
Currently we are only accepting swimmers who were part of the team for the 19-20 Short course season. We will open up to new swimmers when and if we are able to based on space limitation with local and state health regulations.
REGISTRATION: Registration for current swimmers (swam with us between Sept 2019 now) will open 7/1/20, Open registration will begin at a future time TBD. We will take registration on a first come first serve basis until we have reached our capacity.
Ideally all Participants should be formally registered by Friday 7/3.
- Nick Munsell, Team Head Administrator, email@example.com
- Kristyne Cole, Co-Head Coach/New Members Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derick Roe, Co-Head Coach, email@example.com
- Pool office phone: 734-401-4368 *Afternoon/evening office hours, email is usually best and fastest.
Tentative schedule/ timelines
The guidelines from local and state government can change rapidly and we will have to adapt. To account for these likely changes, our schedule and billing will be fluid in order to adapt. Schedules and timelines below or otherwise published are subject to changes that may come without much warning. Pay special attention to the week ahead and other email alerts for schedule changes. Below is the progression we intend to follow.
ALL land sessions will be held as SHS on the north lawn (Behind the pool). If bad weather is expected we will move the session to Zoom. If there is unexpected weather the swimmers will take shelter in the building until pick up.
If the pool is allowed to open: (Water sessions at SHS)
If the pool is NOT allowed to open: (Open water swimming will take place at Silver Lake, 8555 Silver Hill Rd, Pinckney, MI 48169) Recreation passport required to park
Senior | Platinum | Gold | Silver | Bronze
Until further notice billing will be done on a monthly basis. With the situation being so fluid it is too hard to predict what practices will look like beyond that. As we get closer to the second block and have a better understanding of what practices will look like we will communicate those rates to you. Our intention is to steadily ramp up.
* If the pool is closed and we start with swimming open water the swimmers will be required to have a swim buoy. We have purchased several that you can buy if you need for $10, we will bill your account. If you have one already, please bring it.
*Note: All families will be required to put a credit card on file at registration. Aside from the registration fees, you are welcome to pay by check. When a payment is due an email will be sent with a check due date. The card on file will automatically be charged for any account balances not paid by check by the date listed in the email.
If you have an outstanding balance it will be added to your registration, this as well as the optional additional splash, are subject to processing fees. You are welcome to pay that amount by check before you register, please allow 1-2 business days for processing.
Important: Prior to beginning your registration you will need two things.
1) You will need to know what group to register your swimmer for. All current swimmers, please refer to the group placement email and register them for that group.
2) You will need access to your team account (you may have an account even if you have never logged into it). Depending on when your child(ren) swam last, you may also need to complete some additional steps to gain access.
There will be only ONE account per FAMILY. If your swimmer or a sibling has EVER swam for the team in the past you HAVE an account! Please do NOT create a new one. If you cannot access your account, please contact Nick Munsell, firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to do so may result in a duplicate account being created and delay your registration.
You will receive confirmation once your registration has been accepted.
Information will be added to this page as it is finalized. Don't forget to sign up for our 2020 email list so you don't miss anything. Contact Nick Munsell at email@example.com.