2017-18 SCY Minnesota Regional Championships
Northdale Middle School, Coon Rapids, MN
Friday, March 9, 2018 — to — Sunday, March 11, 2018
This is a 2 1⁄2 day meet to provide a scored season ending championship for swimmers with verifiable times equal to or faster than the "B" standard but slower than the "CH" standard, regardless of course. All new “CH” times achieved and each individual event winner in events 1000 yd/800 m in length and longer, regardless of finish time, advance to the state meet. In events 500 yd/400 m in length and shorter the highest placing athlete not achieving the championship time standard in their age group and gender by event advances to the state meet. That means, “Win it and swim it!” This is a closed meet. Only swimmers from the MN LSC can participate. Teams must attend their assigned zoned meet.
Advancing to State
Individual event champions are eligible to advance to State when the event is offered at State. That means, “Win it and Swim it!”
For 13&O events, 15&O events, entries will be combined by gender for competition and separated by 13 -14, 15-16 and 17&O age groups for scoring and awards. A "Win it and Swim It" qualifier may come from the 13-14, 15-16 and 17&O age groups in these events as well. In an event where an athlete qualifies for state as a “win it, swim it”, THEN ages up prior to state, that athlete WILL NOT be eligible to compete in that event at the state championship.
2. All swimmers who achieve new “CH” times are eligible to advance to State regardless of whether they are an individual event champion or not.
$3.00 per entrant listed on the entry sheet, $5.50 per individual splash, $22.00 per relay. $18.00 Facility Fee, $6.00 Program Fee.
Meet Timeline/Warm Up Information
Friday afternoon session –
Warm-ups at 12:20 PM to 1:50 PM meet starts at 2:00 PM.
Saturday and Sunday Morning sessions: Warm-ups start at 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM, meet starts at 8:40 AM.
Saturday and Sunday afternoon sessions will not start before 11:30 AM preceded by a minimum of a 60- minute warm-up period, and a 10-minute break for a coaches meeting.
Awards & Program Information
- Individual Events: 1st - 8th place medals. · Relay Events: 1st – 8th place medals.
- Individual Hi-Point Certificates: Top 3 swimmers in each age group/gender. o 8&U that includes points earned in 8&U and 10&U events
o 9-10 that includes points earned in 9-10 and 10&U events
o 11-12 that includes points earned in 11-12 events
- 13-14 that includes points earned in 13-14 and 13&O events o 15-16 that includes points earned in 15&0 and 13&0 events o 17&O that includes points earned in 15&O and 13&O events
- Team Hi-Point Banners: 1st place team in A, AA & AAA Divisions.
· Certificates will be issued for new “CH” and “A” times.
· Awards will be given out to athletes 30 minutes after the posting of the final results, barring complications with the results.
All individual and relay events will be scored to 24 places. Relays will receive double points. Individual Event Points: 32-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-20-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Relay event points: 64-56-54-52-50-48-46-44-40-34-32-30-28-26-24-22-18-14-12-10-8-6-4-2
Will be provided via: Meet Mobile, a Pdf on MSI website and a Pdf on host website
Northdale Middle School
11301 Dogwood Street NW Coon Rapids, MN, 55448
LSSC Meet Rules
Swim Meet Primer
Ten Commandments of Being a Great Swim Parent
Meet Program-Friday PM
Meet Program-Saturday AM
Meet Program-Saturday PM
Meet Program-Sunday AM
Meet Program-Sunday PM
Meet Entries By Athlete