Fees and Payment Information
Spring/Summer, 2021 REGISTER HERE
Members of Piranhas Swim Club will incur various charges at registration and throughout the course of each season (meet fees, team events, apparel, etc.). These charges can be broken down into the following categories, explained in further detail below:
Billing Policy - Overview
USA Swimming/MSI Registration fees
Family Volunteer Policy (updated February, 2019)
Meet Fees (including travel fees)
Swim wear and fan apparel
Message to Members: To access your balance and to manage payments, please sign-in to your TeamUnify account and view your account details under the "My Account" bar on the left side of the page.
Please direct all questions about your bill to our club billing coordinator, Kent Carlson: [email protected] (regarding registration, dues, payments, invoices and billing questions).
Billing Policies - Overview
All members must register and pay dues using our secure online registration and billing system.
All payments must be made by credit card, debit card, or direct bank (ACH) withdrawal via our secure online billing system. We do not accept physical checks, e-checks, or cash for payments.
Credit Card Processing Fees & ACH
The Piranhas Swim Club incurs excessive amounts of processing fees for it's numerous monetary transactions over the course of any given month (on an annual basis we are paying upwards near $10,000 in fees).
On June 10, 2020 the Piranhas Board of Directors decided to pass the processing fees onto the members rather than take them on as a club. It was decided that all registration fees and monthly dues will be assessed a processing fee of 2.95% + $0.30 per transaction.
If your family would prefer, we can bill your checking account directly through ACH. Adding ACH would incur a much smaller processing fee of $1.25 per transaction.
In order to add your ACH account info please follow the steps below.
1) Log-in to your Piranhas Swim Club account and access your profile.
2) Add your ACH account to your billing information. You will need your account info (routing and account #), bank name, and name of the person holding the account.
All monthly invoices will be distributed electronically on the 25th of the month. Please verify your invoice for accuracy, informing us if there are any discrepancies before the 29th of that month. Members using credit/debit cards to pay dues will then be automatically charged on the 1st of the month. Members using direct bank withdrawals will be automatically charged within 3-5 business days following the 1st of the month.
Please take note of the following policies:
A late fee of $20.00 will be assessed to any payment that is not received before the 20th of the month.
Members signed up for monthly billing must submit a written (e-mail preferred) notification of cancellation to the head coach AND billing contact no later than the 20th of the month previous to when they wish their membership to cease. (For example, to stop billing in February, notification must be received no later than January 20th). If notification is received after the 20th of the month cancelation will be effective the following month. Accounts will still be responsible for all pending invoices. There will be a cancellation fee of $25. The account holder remains responsible for all incurred outstanding fees.
A breakdown of Piranhas Swim Club's seasonal dues per swimmer is listed below. The 2021 Spring/Summer season covers swimming between April 12 through the Championship season for Age Group Prep, Age Group 1, Age Group 2, Junior, and Senior swimmers.
Novice swimmers will pay for EACH 10-week session that they participate in.
Monthly Dues for Spring/Summer 2021
These fees do not include the USA Swimming/MN Swimming fee of $80. All swimmers must be registered with USA-Swimming for 2021, no exceptions.
College swimmers are welcome back and must register as a Senior swimmer and register with USA-Swimming.
Fall/Winter, 2020/2021 - September (w/ Registration), October 1st, November 1st, December 1st, January 1st, February 1st., March 1st (plus any remaining meet, apparel, etc. fees)
Spring/Summer, 2021 - April (w/ Registration), May 1st, June 1st, July 1st (any remaining meet or apparel fees will be billed on August 1st)
Scholarships will be available to families based on financial need. This will be verified by 1 of 4 different methods - proof of free or reduced lunch, medical assistance insurance card, verifiable unemployment benefits, or an unexpected change of family circumstance (medical, death, change in family status). Scholarships will be ½ of monthly dues and ½ of meet fees. Families will be responsible for the remainder of the monthly dues balance and meet fees. Scholarships will be offered per season and will be reevaluated prior to registering for the next season. Please contact our Club President, Jamie Moreen, for more information at [email protected].
The scholarship fund will be funded through designated scholarship donations, revenue from 1 intrasquad meet per season, a portion of the swim-a-thon, volunteer commitment hours fees, and dine-out fundraisers.
Piranhas Swim Club, in normal circumstances, has an open door policy, meaning we allow swimmers to join our team all season long! For Spring/Summer, 2021 (and during COVID) Piranhas Swim Club will have to limit its membership due to restrictions on pool capacities set by the MN Department of Health. Priority registration will be given to returning members. New members will have an opportunity to register after returning members on a first come first served basis.
Additionally, we ask that all new swimmers participate in an evaluation session in order for the Piranhas coaches to place them in the correct training group based on skills and age.
Please contact Head Coach, Lucas Baarlaer, to set-up an assessment. New swimmer evaluation can be organized at any point during the season. New members will receive a team cap free of charge. This is our way of saying "Welcome to the team!".
Two week trial period
We offer a two-week trial period for all new members! All new members will be granted a full refund after two weeks if for some reason they wish to cancel. We do ask that all new families register in full before their first practice. Cancelation notice must be communicated to the Head Coach, Lucas Baarlaer, and Billing Director, Kent Carlson, by the end of their first two-weeks to receive a full refund.
Remember, all new swimmers must do a swim evaluation with a Piranhas coach before being placed on the team. Please contact Head Coach, Lucas Baarlaer ([email protected]), with any questions about registration groups or to set-up an evaluation. Evaluations can be scheduled any time of the year.
Families with more than one swimmer will have the following adjustments made to their total dues:
1. 2 swimmers per account: 5% reduction
2. 3 swimmers per account: 10% reduction
3. 4 swimmers per account: 15% reduction
4. 5 swimmers per account: 20% reduction.
The multi-athlete discount only applies to membership dues and does not apply to meet fees, USA Swimming registration fees, apparel fees, etc.
USA Swimming/MSI Registration
USA Swimming and Minnesota Swimming (MSI) are the governing bodies for competitive swimming in Minnesota. As members of Piranhas Swim Club, your swimmer is required to be a members of both of these organizations for competition and insurance purposes.
New members will be registered when they first enroll in Piranhas Swim Club. Returning team members will have their memberships renewed at the beginning of the Fall/Winter season.
USA Swimming/MSI membership will cost $80 for the 2020/2021 year.
Family Volunteer Policy (updated spring 2019 by board of directors)
* Due to COVID-19 our Family Volunteer Policy is not pertinent to the Summer, 2021 season nor will be expected of any family. However, we do plan on resuming our Volunteer Policy beginning Fall/Winter 2021/22 or when when we can safely host large meets again. Additionally, although we are not enforcing the policy, minimal volunteers will be needed in order to host Piranhas events. Your volunteerism is appreciated!
Piranhas Swim Club depends in part on revenue from meets to keep your fees low. And these meets depend on volunteers.
Each season, all families are required to volunteer at these levels:
-- Novice and Age Group Prep: 8 hours per family.
-- AG1, AG2, Junior, Senior: 14 hours per family.
See below for high school swimming exceptions.
As of April 1, 2019, families that do not fulfill their commitment will be charged $50 per hour not worked.
Volunteer hours are most important to the club, and it is the club’s goal to NOT collect any fees at the end of each season.
Meets are not the only way that club members can volunteer. If you fear you cannot meet your family commitment due to schedule conflicts, sickness, emergencies, etc., contact volunteer coordinators, Tasya Martin or Allison Schmitt, club president Jamie Moreen, or head coach Lucas Baarlaer to discuss other options. We want to help families fulfill their commitments. Remember that siblings, extended family and friends can help you fulfill those commitments.
Any money collected from families that do not fulfill their commitments will be reinvested in the club.
1) In the Fall/Winter & Spring/Summer swimming seasons, the Piranhas Swim Club will host several meets during each season. Including one weekend invitational and 1-2 weeknight dual/quad meets in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer.
2) All families with swimmers participating in the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer season are required to fulfill their Family Volunteer Commitment for each season. Hours will be zeroed out at the end of each fall/winter season and spring/summer season – approximately April 1 and August 1.
- This is required for all club families regardless of whether or not their swimmer competes in meets.
- Required hours will be prorated for non-high school families who join mid-season.
- The only exception to this policy is for families with only high school swimmers who swim half of the club season. This will only affect the fall/winter short course season. These families are responsible for half of the volunteer commitment. For example, a family with only a high school swimmer will be required to complete 7 volunteer hours during the fall/winter short course season. If a family has a high school swimmer AND another swimmer participating in the club, that family will still be required to complete the full 14 volunteer hours. Note, during the spring/summer long course season, ALL families are required to complete their FULL amount of volunteer hours. This is because high school swimming is a fall and winter sport.
3) If you are a Novice only family OR Age Group Prep (meaning you only have novice or age group prep swimmer(s) and no swimmers in Age Group, Jr, or Sr), you are required to complete 8 hours of volunteer time during the season.
- For example; these hours can be spread out across the meets we will be hosting during the Fall/Winter Season. We would like to see you volunteer at least once during our weekend invitational. This is a meet that requires the most volunteers over the weekend.
4) If you are a Seasoned Family and have swimmers in Age Group, Junior or Senior (even if you also have a novice swimmer), you are required to complete 14 hours of volunteer time during the season.
- These hours can be spread out across the meets we will be hosting during the season. We would like to see you volunteer at least twice during our weekend invitational. This is a meet that requires the most volunteers over the weekend.
5) It takes a great deal of manpower to run our meets. Without the revenue from our volunteer-staffed meets, all dues would need to increase by 30% or more. Your volunteer hours enable us to keep a cap on our monthly dues while still providing an optimal experience for your swimmer.
- If you are unable to help at one of the meets or are unable to fulfill the full commitment, please contact President Jamie Moreen at [email protected]. We have other areas where you can use your volunteer hours.
Meet fees are billed to those swimmers that participate in swim meets throughout the course of the season. Entry into meets typically, but not always, involves a $3-5 MSI/USA Swimming fee, a $3.50-$7.50 fee per individual/relay event, plus any extra facility fees that the host team requires. All meet fees can be found in the meet information for each particular meet and is subject to change depending on the demands of the host club.
Families will be billed for meets in the billing statement immediately following the date of the swim meet. For example, fees for a meet in June will appear on the July billing statement.
Please note that once a swimmer is committed to a meet, they will be obligated to pay for the meet fees regardless of their participation.
Regional Travel Meet Surcharge
A regional travel meet is a meet in which a large majority of the club can participate and compete. Regional travel meets will require hotel accommodations and car travel. Families who commit to participating in regional travel meets will be responsible for the full cost of the coach or coaches. A surcharge will be applied to each athletes meet dues. The surcharge will be clearly stated on each meet's event page in advance of the event/meet. In most cases the surcharge will be minimal. Examples of meets where a "Regional Travel Meet Fee" will be applied would be the Duluth Meet (in October), Des Moines or Milwaukee meets (in January/February), Age Group State in Rochester (in March), Minnesota Regional Championships (in July), and/or other regional meets that Piranhas Swim Club attends.
Long Distance Travel Meet Surcharge
Long distance meets are easily defined as trips that require air travel along with hotel accommodations. Long distance travel meets generally have one accompanying coach. The club and the participating athletes will share the cost of the coach. Depending on the cost of the meet and the number of athletes attending there will be a surcharge to offset coach fees (flight, hotel, food). This surcharge will never exceed $200 per participating athlete. The surcharge will be communicated to participating families in advance of any travel meet.
Piranhas Swim Club will invite its swimmers and their families to participate in various activities or team outings throughout the course of the season (bowling, banquets, bbq's, etc.). Families will be asked to register and pay for each of these events in advance through a one-time payment option on our website. Registration pages will be activated well in advance of any team activity.
Swim Wear/Fan Apparel
As with any athletic team, certain equipment and apparel can be key to successful training. Our team apparel; including our competition suit, warm-ups, practice equipment and basic accessories; is ordered directly through our partner, Elsmore Aquatics. A guideline of what every swimmer in each group can be viewed HERE. Order team items online at our Elsmore Aquatics Team Page!
Fan apparel is a fantastic way to show your team spirit, both in the stands and around town. All orders are coordinated directly by our club volunteer during the season. We require every swimmer to wear Piranhas gear to competitions and to team events! All new swimmers will receive a grey team t-shirt and team cap. Team caps can be purchased throughout the year and will be billed to your account.
Questions about your bill?
From time to time, you may have questions or concerns about your statement. Please direct these to Piranhas Swim Club’s treasurers. They can be reached at the following e-mail addresses:
Kent Carlson: [email protected] (regarding registration, dues, payments, invoices and billing questions)