YMCA of Greater Twin Cities Code of Conduct
1. The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
2. We expect persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Prohibited actions specifically include:
- Inappropriate attire. Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Angry or vulgar language, includes swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of any inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
3. Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
4. Smoking is not permitted in or outside the YMCA. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
5. Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guests feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, they should report the behavior to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty.
6. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
7. In order to be able to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
8. The Branch Executive will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership privileges may result from a determination by the Branch Executive if in their discretion a violation of the YMCA Member Code of Conduct has occurred.