What to Bring to Practice
- Practice suit(s). It is suggested that you have at least 2 practice suits that are not the team competition suit.
- Girls need to wear a one-piece swim suit
- Boys are recommended to wear tight swim shorts (referred to as jammers). At the very least, a boy’s swim shorts should be tight enough so that they do not need to reach down and pull up their shorts after pushing off the wall.
- Swim Cap
- Once all paperwork is turned in, athletes will receive a Thunderbolts swim cap.
- Two pairs of goggles
- Water in a plastic bottle with the swimmers name on it. Water bottles are so important to have on deck! We consider them just as mandatory as bringing a swimsuit to practice.
What to Take to a Meet
- Team Swim Suit, Team Cap and Goggles. Extras of each are advised.
- Baby or Talcum Powder. (Used to dust the inside of the cap. It helps to preserve the cap & makes it easier to put on.)
- Towels. (Pack at least 2)
- Something to sit on. (sleeping bag, old blanket or chair)
- Sweat suits.
- Something for the feet. Keeping warm is very important in between events. Warm socks, deck type shoes or sandals are a good idea.
- T-shirts or parka. The larger the better. 2-3 shirts recommended, as they get wet and soggy.
- Games: Travel Games, cards, etc.
Nutrition for Swim Meets