Beginner Plus Group
Dates: 10 weeks, 20 total sessions, 4 sessions yearly - fall, winter, spring, summer
Please do NOT register for the program until your swimmer has been evaluated by the coaching staff and you have been placed in the appropriate training group. Registrations without an evaluation will NOT be approved.
This introductory competitive group is open to all new and returning swimmers that are capable of performing all of the above stated skills (Beginner). Beginner Plus practices twice (2x) per week for 60 minutes per session, once during the week and once on Saturday morning. In this group, the focus is on the development of proper technique in the four competitive strokes. The criteria for graduating from the Beginner Plus Group to the Developmental Group is as follows (final decision on all move ups is done by the coaching staff):
* Complete a 50 freestyle with legal flip turn
* Complete 50 backstroke with legal flip turn
* Complete 50 breaststroke with legal turn and pullout
* Complete 25 butterfly legally
* Complete a legal racing start into a 25 of any of the above strokes.