September 5 - July 24 (TBD)
Please do NOT register for the program until your swimmer has been evaluated by the coaching staff and you have been placed in the appropriate training group. Registrations without an evaluation will NOT be approved.
The Developmental Group is open to all new and returning swimmers. In order to qualify for the Developmental Group, swimmers must possess all of the above stated skills (Beginner). The Developmental Group practices three (3) days per week (choosing from the five (5) available) for 60 minutes each session. Developmental swimmers are encouraged to participate in a minimum of three (3) meets per short course season (home meets are required for all SSC swimmers). The emphasis in this group is proper stroke mechanics and technique. The concept of training intervals and sets are also introduced. In order for a swimmer in the Developmental Group to move up to the Novice Group (final decision on move ups is done by the coaching staff), the following skills are required:
* Swimmer can complete 100 yards of free, back, and IM legally
* Swimmer can complete 50 yards of fly and breast legally
* Swimmer will show a need for more endurance base (meaning increasing the # of practices per week)
* Swimmer can execute a meet procedure start (track or flat start)
* Swimmer can use the pace clock during training sets
Equipment Required: mesh equipment bag, kick board. Please utilize the Team Locker Room located on the Sachem webpage when purchasing equipment. If you are unsure about sizing or specific equipment please email Coach Ely.