DOLPHINS SWIMMING PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent of a swimmer of the Dolphins Swim Club of the Hudson Valley (hereafter referred to as "Dolphins", I will abide by the following guidelines:
- I will be a positive role model for my swimmer and for Dolphins by using proper language, attire and manners.
- I will encourage and support my swimmer and all members of the Dolphins.
- I will teach my child to be modest in winning and gracious in losing.
- I will demonstrate positive support for all swimmers, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators at every meet, practice or other swimming event.
- I will demand that my child treat other swimmers, coaches, officials, volunteers and spectators with respect.
- I will make sure that my child arrives on time to practices and meets.
- I will respect practices: If I need a discussion with a coach, I will contact the coach before, after or outside of practice for a discussion.
- I will be responsible for the actions and conduct of my child.
- I will equip my swimmer(s) with suits, goggles, caps, and any other equipment helpful to my child's development and performance as a member of the Dolphins.
- I understand Dolphins is only responsible for my child while they are in the water or on the pool deck. I am responsible for my child at all other times. My child's safety is my responsibility. The swim team is not a childcare service.
-I am responsible for supervising all children (i.e. siblings) I bring to any practice or event.
- If my child or I have questions regarding coaching, I will encourage my child to discuss the issues with their coach, or I will discuss any concerns or suggestions with my child's coach at an appropriate time and manner. After discussing my concerns, I will respect and abide by their professional decision even if it does not agree with mine.
- I understand that officials who judge meets are volunteers who have the best interest of all swimmers in mind. I may not agree with calls or decisions by officials during swim meets and other competitions, and if so, I will direct questions or concerns made by meet officials to a member of our coaching staff. Our coaches, in turn, will pursue the matter through appropriate channels.
- As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer at practices or meets (from the stands or any other area) or interfere with coaches on the pool deck as they work.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
- As a parent, I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward the coaches, officials, and/or any participating swimmer will not be permitted or tolerated.
- I understand that in accordance with USA Swimming rules, parents are expected to remain in the spectator area and off the immediate competitive deck unless they are working the meet in an official capacity.
- I will enjoy involvement with the Dolphins by supporting the swimmers, coaches and other parents with positive communication and actions.
- I understand that the Hudson Valley Dolphins uses email as the primary form of communication of announcements and coach contact.
-I will check the team website (www.dolphinsswimclub.org) and my email on a regular basis to keep up with any changes that may occur.
-I understand that I am expected to volunteer my time at a minimum of three (3) events (ie: meets) in order for the team to function properly.