Copy and paste the above link to view the PowerPoint presentation on volunteering for the 2017-18 swim season.
Volunteer Information for the 2017-18 Swim Season
There will be four ASC-hosted meets during the 2017-18 Swim Season. These four meets require parental volunteers. The below list describes the requirements for each meet. We do NOT use the TU function of hours to track volunteer sessions, it is done manually from the sign up sheets and sign in/out logs.
- Freestyle Meet (October 6-8): Each family with a swimmer age 11 or older is required to work ONE SESSION (regardless of swimmers participation). If you are a parent of a swimmer 10 and under, and they ARE swimming in this meet, than you ARE required to volunteer. If you have a 10 and under swimmer and they are NOT swimming in this meet, then you do NOT have to volunteer.
- Holiday Meet (December 8-10) - All families will need to volunteer in some capacity for this meet. A family with a swimmer participating in the meet will be required to volunteer TWO SESSIONS. If your swimmer is not participating, you will be required to volunteer ONE SESSIONS.
- SENIOR MEET (Feb 3-4, 2018)
- The UPDATED Volunteer requirements for the 2018 Senior Meet (Feb 3-4):
- If your swimmer(s) is entered in the meet, you are required to volunteer 2 sessions (2 slots)
- If your swimmer(s) is NOT entered in the meet AND is age 9 and over , you are required to volunteer 1 Session (1 slot)
- If you ONLY have an 8 and under swimmer, you are not required to work the Senior Meet. ***If you have a swimmer that is age 8 or younger AND a swimmer that is age 9 or older and neither are in the meet, you will need to work 1 session****
- ASC Independence Meet (TBA JUNE 2018) - All families will need to volunteer in some capacity for this meet. A family with a swimmer participating in the meet will be required to work TWO SESSIONS. If your swimmer is not participating, you will be required to volunteer to work ONE SESSION.
OK, so what does all this mean? Well, since ASC is the "HOST" team, ASC families are required to volunteer to run these meets. The volunteer signup for ASC hosted meets will be posted on the ASC home page and will be available for parents to sign up 2-3 weeks prior to the start date of the meet. This information will also be covered at the parent meetings.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is a "SIGN UP DEADLINE" for all ASC hosted meets. Once the deadline passes, you will no longer be able to sign up to volunteer. NO EXCEPTIONS. (ASC families are not required to volunteer for meets that ASC does not host; i.e. CBAC Fall Warm Up)
- There is a volunteer "SIGN IN AND SIGN OUT". So, when it comes time for you to "volunteer" for the session you signed up for, you will need to locate the volunteer table and ask to "sign in" for your session. Upon completion of the session, you will need to "SIGN OUT". I will go into more detail about this at the parent meetings.
- No switching between sessions or MEETS: If you are signed up for a Saturday AM session, that is the session you are required to volunteer. If you show up at a different session other than the one you signed up for, you will not be allowed to sign in (Your name will not be listed on that session) and you will not be credited for volunteering. You will, however, be fined for not showing up for the session you signed up for. You cannot work more sessions at one meet to offset the requirement for another.
- The volunteer signup is a 1st come, 1st served signup. The number of available volunteer positions during a single session are far less than the number of parents that want to volunteer for a particular session therefore; it is not a guarantee that you will be able to volunteer during the same session that your swimmers is swimming. If the session that you want to volunteer is full, then you will need to chose a DIFFERENT SESSION.
Fines: Not the most fun thing to discuss. The 2017-2018 swim season policy for fining is as follows:
- 1st infraction $75/session not worked,
- 2nd infraction $150/session not worked (Fines are doubled per session)
- 3rd infraction $225/session not worked. (Fines are tripled per session)
- For example: if you are required to work the Freestyle meet and you do not, your account will be charged $75, if you do not have a swimmer in the Holiday meet and you do not work, this would be considered your 2nd infraction and your account will be charged $150.
Ok, well that's ugly, let's move on.
If you have questions regarding the volunteer jobs, please do not hesitate to email me (email@example.com) or check the ASC website under the "Meets" tab. I will say this....DON'T WAIT TO SIGN UP. The sign up fills up REALLY fast. Especially those cushy runner jobs. Remember, once the sign up deadline has passed, that's it. The sign up is CLOSED!! If you see a bold RED border at the top and bottom of the volunteer sign up that says "JOB SIGN UP HAS PASSED" , you're too late.
You can switch your sign up at any time "WHILE THE SIGN UP IS STILL OPEN". As long as you switch before the deadline, you'll be ok.
There will be a lot of folks that have questions, so I encourage you to try to attend the parent information night coming up.