2017-18 USA Swimming Scholastic All-America Qualifying Times (auto cuts for 2017 Winter Jrs)
See info below for information on the awards program and instructions for applying:
SCHOLASTIC ALL AMERICA PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
Application Process open June 1- August 15, 2018
2017-2018 ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade completion requirement – applicant must have completed 9th, 10th 11th or 12th grade
- GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
- A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79. In calculating the GPA no rounding will be used – one decimal place only.
- Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point. Grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as academic. A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant. Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated – art, band, choir, orchestra, health, driver education, physical education, and any other class marked non-academic on a transcript.
- There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Pool Requirements
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to a 2017 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individualevent during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2017 – August 15, 2018) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website. A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
- Disability or Open Water Requirements (for athletes without pool requirements)
- Applicants must have competed in one of the following meets:
2017 Can-Am Open – December 15-17, 2017, Charlotte, NC
2018 World Para – April 19-21, 2018, Indianapolis, IN
2018 Open Water National Championships – May 11-13, 2018, Tempe, AZ
TO APPLY FOR THE SAA TEAM FOR 2017-18
Note: You will not be able to access the SAA application without being logged in and linked to the athlete’s Membership account.
- Go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site.
- In the upper right corner, click on “Sign In”.
- If you do not have an account, click on the link to “create account” and follow the instructions.
- If you have an account, simply type your log in name and your password in the appropriate place.
- Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your (the athlete’s) USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and relink.) You will not be able to access the SAA application without being logged in and linked to the athlete’s Membership account.
- Once you are sure you are correctly linked to your athlete registration, navigate to the SAA Application page (Resources, Browse More, Times, SAA, SAA Requirements, click on link to SAA Application and complete the application. Make sure you SUBMIT the application. If you cannot complete the application, SAVE your work so you can go back again to finish.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your Deck Pass log-in email. If you do not receive that confirmation immediately upon submission, PLEASE contact Betty Kooy – [email protected] so that we can check the status of your application.
- Your complete high school transcript will need to be uploaded for your application to be complete. All grades for the current year (both semesters 2017-2018) must be on the transcript. You must have completed the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in order to apply.
- Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files). Word documents will NOT be accepted. Grade cards and report cards will NOT be accepted. Only grades for the 2017-2018 school year will be used to determine your GPA but a complete transcript is required.
- When a tabulator has completed evaluation of the materials, you will be notified of either acceptance or rejection via email.
NOTE TO PARENTS
If you are trying to apply for your child, you will have to use his/her log in and password information in order to link to the swim times for your child.