Storm Volunteer Policy
The Storm feels strongly that the inclusion of meets and triathlons benefits not only the athletes that we serve, but also strengthens the communities that we all share. Bringing athletes from other communities brings dollars to local companies, draws attention to our cities, and provides a sense of pride to our organization. It is also a significant means to offset costs associated with the sport, by providing funds for equipment, coaches and pool time.
1. The Storm conducts four sessions that run Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. When volunteer needs are finalized at the start of each session a number of time slots that are needed will be posted.
2. We will make every effort to post volunteering opportunities 6-9 months in advance and have the volunteer sign-ups open at the beginning of the season. The signups will close 4 days prior to the event start.
3. If all spaces fill prior to the deadline we will ask the families that have not signed up for their required positions will be asked to bring in a check for $100.00 which will be used to pay for food, awards and other meet associated fees.
4. If you do not sign up for an event, make other arrangements to volunteer, or bring in a $100.00 check to offset costs there will be a $100.00 charge added to your account and due prior to the next session that you swim with the Storm.
5. All active members are expected to volunteer. This included those in our maintenance and middle school groups.
6. New members to our club will be exempt from the obligation to help. A new member is a family that is swimming with Storm for the first season. If you join in the fall you will not be asked to help. If you swim in the winter (or any subsequent session) you will be asked to help.
Please email: email@example.com with any questions.