Athlete Code of Conduct
As an athlete member of the Utica Shelby Swim Club, I will abide by the following guidelines:
1. Practice Conduct
· I will do my best to arrive to practice in a timely manner.
· When I arrive at practice, I will have all required equipment with me, ready to be used at any time.
· I will be respectful to all staff members, swimmers, and adults involved with the Utica Shelby Swim Club.
· I will respect the facilities used by USSC to hold practice, understanding the privilege we are provided with the use of the facilities.
· I will give full attention when a coach is speaking; this includes eye contact and full mental involvement in the instruction or workout.
2. Meet Conduct
· I will do my best to arrive at a meet for warm up in a timely manner.
· I will be sure to check myself in by the required time
· I will not scratch any events until first speaking with a coach.
· I will give my best effort in every event I participate in.
· I will maintain good sportsmanship in victory or defeat.
· I will act in a way that does not bring discredit to myself, my team, or USA Swimming.
Athlete Honor Code
· I will be a good teammate at practice and at meets, displaying team spirit and team loyalty.
- I will THINK before I speak: is it True, is it Helpful, is it Inspiring, is it Necessary, is it Kind?
· I will be proud to be a member of USSC.
· I will take ownership in my performance and understand that my effort will be the cause for my success.
· I will respect the knowledge of the coaching staff and openly receive their input about stroke technique, training, and race strategy.
· I understand that it is my responsibility to attend practice and meets, and my progress will be directly affected by my level of attendance and participation.
· I will provide myself limitless opportunities by maintaining positive self-esteem, and using self -motivation, self-discipline and efficient time management skills to maximize my training experiences.
· Above all I will HAVE FUN, and allow myself to benefit from all the lessons and joys brought through age group swimming!
Remember: Bring only your best every day. Nothing more is expected; Nothing less is accepted.