Montana House of Delegates (HOD) News
The Montana Swimming Secretary is Susan Huckeby.
2020 FALL HOD Meeting
Sunday, October 4 ~ VIRTUAL Meeting ~ Time: 9:00 am
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak and required social distancing guidelines, this will be a ZOOM virtual meeting.
Each club is invited to send 1 athlete representative and 1 club representative to represent their team at all HOD meetings.
Each representative, both athlete and club member, are considered voting members of the HOD.
Meeting Notice: PDF
2020 Fall Approved Fall Meeting Minutes:
2020 Fall Meeting Proposals as Voted Upon:
2020 Fall Meeting DRAFT PROPOSALS: DRAFT PDF
2020 Spring HOD Approved Meeting Minutes:
2020 Proposed Long Course Meet Schedule:
Chair Reports (will be posted as submitted)
- General Chair's Report
- Administration Vice Chair's Report
- Secretary's Report
- Finance Vice Chair's Report
- Treasurer's Reports:
Budget vs Actual FY
Budget vs Actual FY 2020 - FY 2020 P&L
Statement of Activity Year to Date Comparison
Statement of Financial Position
Statement of Financial position
FY 2020 DRAFT Budget
- Registration Chair's Reports
- LSC Time's Chair Report
- Official's Chair Report
- Senior Development Chair's Report
- Program Development/Age Group Chair's Report (Zone Coordinator)
- Technical Chair's Report
- Record's Chair Report
- Safe Sport Chair's Report
- Operational Risk (Safety) Chair's Report
- Adapted Swimming Chair's Report
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair's Report
- IT Chair's Report (webmaster)
- Coach Representative's Report
- Athlete Representatives' Reports
- Scholastic All American Report
- USA Swimming Times and Recognition Committee Member Report
- USA Swimming Convention Reports
2020 Spring HOD Meeting
Date: Sunday, May 17 at 7:00 pm -- Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak and required social distancing guidelines, this will be a ZOOM virtual meeting.
Location: Zoom virtual meeting
General Chair Matt Yovich sent out the ZOOM meeting invite to coaches, clubs, and board members. Others wishing to attend the meeting should contact Matt or Susan for the meeting invite. (The zoom meeting information is not posted to prevent zoom bombing.) Each club is invited to send 1 athlete representative and 1 club representative to represent their team and vote on issues presented at all HOD meetings. Each representative, both athlete and club member, are considered voting members of the HOD.
Here are the details for the upcoming HOD meeting:
- Date: Sunday May 17, 2020
- Time: Meeting will start at 7:00
- Location: ZOOM Virtual Meeting
- Bring: Your computer or mobile device to attend the meeting as well as the meeting paperwork posted online. And a smile....Think Big Sky, Big Dreams, Big Success!
Montana Swimming Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Unity.
Montana Swimming's Mission: Montana Swimming, united in service, achieving excellence in and out of the pool.
Meeting Agenda: PDF
Montana Swimming Updated By-laws: Word PDF (approved by USA Swimming on January 30, 2020)
2020 Spring HOD DRAFT Meeting Minutes PDF
2019 Fall HOD Approved Meeting Minutes: PDF
Proposal to CANCEL the 2020 MT Swim Long Course State Championships: PDF
2020-2021 Montana Swimming APPROVED Short Course Meet Schedule: PDF
Bids for the 2020 MT Swim SC State Championships: Butte YMCA/BAC LAKE
Bids for the 2021 MT Swim Junior BC Championships BOZ LAKE Butte YMCA (to be considered if the Butte YMCA is not awarded SC State.
Athlete of the Year Nominations: Athlete of the Year Nominations Power Point Calculation Form The award is currently based on a formula using Hy-Tek power points and the award calculation is determined prior to the spring HOD meeting.
- Female - Catherine Russo, BMA PDF
- Male - Peter Thompson, BAC PDF
Sports Person of the Year Nominations: Athletes must be a junior or senior in high school to receive the award. Award considerations include leadership, community service, scholarship, work experience, swimming, sportsmanship and other considerations.
- Female Award Winner: Aja Simshaw, LAKE
- Female Nominees: Aja Simshaw, LAKE
- Male Award Winners: Bennett Apostol, BY
- Male Nominees: Liam Kerns, BAC; Bennett Apostol, BY; Jorgen Midboe, MYST
Phillips 66 outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award Nominations: This annual award is presented to a Montana Swimming non-coach volunteer, elected by the HOD at the spring meeting. A person may receive the award once.
Chair Reports (will be posted as submitted)
- General Chair's report PDF
- Administration Vice Chair's report PDF
- Finance Vice Chair's report PDF
- Treasurer's Reports
- Current Balance Sheet Statement of Financial Position 5-16-2020 PDF
- Profit and Loss Budget vs Actual FY 2019 PDF
- Statement of Financial Position Report FY18-FY19 PDF
- Statement of Activity YTD Comparison FY18-FY19 PDF
- Secretary's report PDF
- Registration Chair's reports PDF
- Official's Chair's report PDF
- Senior Development Chair's report PDF
- Technical Planning Chair's report (see the SC meet schedule)
- LSC Times Chair report PDF Meet Qualifier Report PDF
- Records Chair's report PDF
- Safe Sport Chair's report PDF
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy PDF
- Safety Chair's report PDF
- Diversity & Inclusion Chair's report PDF
- Adapted Swimming Chair's report PDF
- Age Group Chair (Zones) report PDF
- IT Chair's (webmaster) report PDF
- Coach Representative's report PDF
- Athlete Representative's reports
- Scholastic All-American report PDF Time Standards PDF
Previous meeting data may be accessed under other tabs under LSC Info and Docs such as HOD meeting minutes, executive board minutes, and so on.