2020 -2021 Scholastic All American Application Requirements:
The application for the 2020-2021 year will be available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2021 to September 6, 2021.
- The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
- Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
- Qualifying pool times for the applicant will be validated in SWIMS. Times MUST be in SWIMS and have been achieved between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021 (dates inclusive).
- Applicant will be required to have a transcript for the complete 2020-2021 academic year available for uploading to the application.
- Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2020-2021 SAA team.
- Applicant must have all application documents completed by September 6, 2021. Late applications will NOT be accepted or considered.
- Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2019 Winter Junior qualifying time in any individual event during the SAA qualifying period (September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website.
- Time Standards PDF
- A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process. Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2020-2021 Para Scholastic All American Standards (posted on the SAA page) in any individual event noted within their self-reported P1, P2, or P3 grouping during the SAA qualifying period (September 1, 2020 - August 31, 2021, dates inclusive) with the qualifying times in SWIMS.
Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary. A cap of 56 athletes will be named with 2/event/gender.
OPEN WATER SWIMMERS
Applicants must have swum an individual pool time equal to or faster than the 2019 Winter Junior National qualifying time in the 800, 1000, 1500, or 1650 freestyle during the SAA qualifying period (Sep 1, 2020-Aug 31, 2021, dates inclusive) with the qualifying times in SWIMS AND participate in the Open Water National Championships held on April 16-18, 2021.
Only ONE time is necessary and only ONE application is necessary.
GRADE & GPA REQUIREMENTS
Applicant must have completed 9th, 10th 11th or 12th grade
Application must maintain minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
A=4, B=3, C=2. If numerical grades are used, the following scale will be used unless the school’s letter grade conversion is given on the transcript: A=90-100; B=80-89; C=70-79. In calculating the GPA, no rounding will be used – one decimal place only.
HONORS & ACADEMIC SUBJECTS
Honors, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, PLTW courses, and dual credit college level academic courses will earn one half (.5) extra Grade Point.
Only grades for academic subjects only are calculated – history/social studies, English, mathematics, sciences, foreign languages, computer sciences, visual and performing arts if indicated as academic.
A grade lower than a C in an academic subject will mean automatic rejection of the applicant.
Grades for non-academic courses will NOT be calculated – art, band, orchestra, choir, home economics, health, driver education, physical education, shop, etc. and any other class marked as non-academic will not be included in the GPA calculation (unless transcript indicates ‘academic’ or AP or IB).
There will be no special status designation for a 4.0 GPA other than for a national champion who also has a 4.0 GPA.
APPLICATION TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENTS
The applicant's high school transcript for the 2020-2021 school year will need to be uploaded with the application in order to be complete. You must have completed the 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in order to apply.
- Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files).
- Word documents, grade cards, and report cards will NOT be accepted. Only grades for the 2020-2021 school year will be used to determine your GPA.
When a committee member has completed evaluation of the materials, you will be notified of either acceptance (automated from USA Swimming to Deck Pass Log-in email) or rejection via email (from committee member).
Applications are only accepted from athletes.
Applying for 2020-2021 Scholastic All America
1.SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT (IF ALREADY SIGNED IN, SKIP TO STEP 2)
Click on the button to the right or go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site. In the upper right corner, click on “Login / Register”.
- If you do not have an account, click on the link to “Register” and follow the instructions.
- If you have an account, simply type your log in name and your password in the appropriate place.
2.VERIFYING MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT (IF ALREADY LINKED, SKIP TO STEP 3)
Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your (the athlete’s) USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and relink.)
You will not be able to access the SAA application without being logged in and linked to the athlete’s Membership account.
3.COMPLETING SAA APPLICATION
Once you are sure you are correctly linked to your athlete registration, click on the link to SAA Application and complete the application. Applications are only accepted from athletes. Athlete applicants must complete and submit the application themselves.
Make sure you complete and SUBMIT the application. If you cannot complete the application, SAVE your work so you can go back again to finish. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email sent to your Deck Pass log-in email.
Official Transcripts will be submitted along with your applications. Guidelines for submitting transcripts can be found above.
Questions or concerns?
If you have questions please contact:
Susan Huckeby, Western Zone Women’s tabulator – [email protected]
Betty Kooy – Central and Western Zone Coordinator -- [email protected]
Please copy (CC) your parent or guardian and include your parent’s or guardian’s email in all communication with the SAA committee. Failure to do so will delay any response.
10.2.2 of the Times Policy Manual states a special award will be given to a senior who has been named to the SAA team three times. Beginning with 2020-2021, this will be changed to four as freshman were introduced to the program in 2017.
For the 2020-2021 SAA team, this award will be given to each senior named to the SAA team three out of the last four years.
2019-2020 Montana Swimming Scholastic All America Team Members PDF
2018-2019 Montana Swimming Scholastic All America Team Members PDF
2017-2018 Montana Swimming Scholastic All America team members PDF