MUST HAVES FOR THE NEW SWIMMER
- Goggles: Swimmers use goggles to protect their eyes from the chlorine as well as to gain a clear view of their surroundings in the pool. There are a variety of colors and styles depending on the preference of the swimmer. Goggles range from $6.50 – $29.99.
- Caps: Caps are designed to keep the hair out of swimmers’ faces and goggles straps into place. Caps range from $3.99 - $19.99.
- Women’s Practice Suit: Practice suits are used during workouts. They are created with a stronger material for durability. Some may create extra drag to make the workout more challenging. Women’s practice suits range from $33.00 - $76.00.
- Men’s Practice Suit: Practice suits are used during workouts. They are created with a stronger material for durability. Some may create extra drag to make the workout more challenging. Men’s practice suits range from $22.00 - $47.00
- Water bottle
- Please ask regarding any team discount on equipment.
- Make sure your suit and cap are YMCA compliant for YMCA meets. Our team suit color is Navy blue, and our caps can be a solid color navy blue with no lettering (or a YMCA compliant team cap that is special ordered). There is no set uniform for practice.
ITEMS YOU MAY NEED
- Mesh Bag: A mesh bag is used by swimmers to hold their training equipment. Mesh bags range from $6.00 - $18.00.
- Kickboard: A kickboard is a floating device used by swimmers during practice to enhance their kicking skills. Kickboards range from $6.95 - $24.99.
- Fins: Fins are a device that fit on a swimmers feet to increase kicking speed during practice. Fins range from $22.95 – $45.95.
- Paddles: Paddles are a plastic device placed on a swimmers hands during practice. The paddles are used to add resistance to the pulling phase of the stroke. There are a variety of paddles available, depending on the stroke you are swimming and the purpose of the pulling drill. Paddles range from $7.95 - $21.00.
- Pull Buoys: Pull-Buoys are a device used by swimmers during a practice to enhance body position during pull sets when the swimmers are not kicking. Pull buoys range from $6.95 – $11.99.
FOR ADVANCED SWIMMERS
- Women’s Competition Suit: Competition suits are used during meets. There are a number of brands and styles, depending on a swimmers preference. Women’s competition suits range from $84.00 – $450.00.
- Men’s Competition Suit: Competition suits are used during meets. There are a number of brands and styles, depending on a swimmers preference. Women’s competition suits range from $33.00 - $450.00.