Senior I Program Information
Senior I is designed for swimmers high school swimmers who plan to transition to the National Group. Emphasis is placed on improved techniques, aerobic conditioning, increased dryland activities, goal setting, and race strategy. National level training concepts and philosophy are introduced and developed.
- Alex Morris - firstname.lastname@example.org - (913) 636-3118
Prerequisites and Expectations
- Senior I swimmers are expected to attend practices a minimum of 5 days per week, with a recommendation of 100% attendance unless excused in advance by the coaches
- Senior I swimmers are expected to follow the focus meet schedule as outlined by the coaches below. Training cycles and rest/taper periods will be based around the focus meet schedul
- Previous Coach's Recommendation
- Swimmers must also meet at least 2 of the 4 training and competitive requirements for consideration for advancement into Senior I:
- 8x100 Free @ 1:20
- 6x100 IM @ 1:30
- 400 Kick @ 7:00
- At least one "Champs" cut, and one "Bonus" cut in a different discipline
Week 26 Memo (Week beginning 2/12/18)
Senior I Parent text alerts: Text the code "@kcbparents" to 81010
Practice calendars are posted below. Please check these frequently, as they are subject to changes based on the availability of our facilities. Any changes to a posted schedule will be sent out via e-mail and/or text alert as soon as possible.
Focus Meet List and Info
These are the meets we will be training for. Alternate meets are an option only if you do not qualify for or have prior obligations and cannot attend a focus meet. Senior coaches may not be in attendance for alternate meets.
- Region VIII Sectional Meet (Columbia, MO) 3/8 - 3/11
Results (Meets and Test Sets)
Test Set Results
Senior I Best Times as of 2/27
Click "+Google Calendar" in the bottom right to add to your Google Calendar!
MVS District and Championship Times
USA Swimming Age Group Motivational Times (A, AA, AAA, etc.)
USA Swimming Single Age Motivational Times (used for Winter Classic and Plano only)
Spring Sectional Times
Winter Junior National Times
Practice Guidelines for Success
Meet Preparation List
Success List for Fast Swimming
Missouri Valley Swimming
Scholastic All-American Info