Swimmers must be 11 or turning 11 in the current season of Silver Team advancement. This is the highest level for pre-Highschool swimmers. This group has the continued focus of stroke technique, while incorporating race pace training and strategy in addition to more advance aerobic training. Swimmers in this group participate in intensive dry-land training 2-3 days per week. Swimmers in this group have goals of scoring at the Midwestern Championship Meet, qualifying for the Midwest All-star Meet, Central Zone Championship and Region VIII Sectional Championship as they move onto the Gold Group.
· Swim Cap (HLA practice caps expected, caps recommended for boys for training)
· Water Bottle
- Speedo Pull Buoy Or Speedo Pull/Kick
· Finis Agility Paddles or Stokemaker Paddles
· Dry-land Clothing: HLA T-Shirt, Shorts and Tennis Shoes
· HLA Team Suit Required for Meet Participation
Silver Lead Coach: Sam Bach
Silver Assistant Coach: Sam Trofholz
Practice Sessions: M-F, 90 Minutes in-water & 30 Minutes of Dry-land
Silver Group has a 80% attendance requirement and an expected meet schedule.
Bronze group works closely with the Silver Group and is the next level at HLA. Athletes in this group have the same focus points as Silver in addition to more extensive aerobic swimming and kicking sets.
HLA recommends a minimum of 4 practices/week and 1 meet a month in this group.
Bronze Lead Coach: Sam Bach
Bronze Assistant Coach: Sam Trofholz
Practice Sessions: M-F, 90 Minutes, 2 30 Minutes of Dry-land sessions per week
HLA requires a minimum of 60% attendance per week and recommneds 1 meet a month in this group.
Age Group Team and Bronze Group:
HLA requires that all swimmers have the following items for practice and meets, as outlined below:
• 2 or more jammers or briefs
• 2 or more one-piece suits
• 2 or more practice caps
• 2 or more HLA swim meet caps (these are different from practice caps and worn only at competition)
• One kickboard
• 2 sets of goggles
• Pull Buoy
• Water bottle
• Dry-land Apparel: T-Shirt, Shorts, Tennis Shoes, Hair Tie (for long hair) and Water Bottle
It is not necessary to purchase additional items such as flippers, etc., until your child is promoted to Junior team. You may, however, wish to purchase a mesh bag or backpack for your swimmer to carry their gear. If you have questions about which gear to purchase for your swimmer, just ask a coach!