for the Club Kick Start
The safety of all the swimmers is paramount to the Club Kick Start and USA Swimming. If you or your swimmer(s) experience or witness actions or events that concern you or make you feel uncomfortable, it is important to talk to someone about it. This document outlines the processes where a swimmer, parent, or coach can bring forward a complaint or concern.
Who to Contact:
If you have a concern relating to bullying, parent issues, unfair treatment, or violations of code of conduct of a swimmer, parent, or coach please reach out to either Coach Chaires at email@example.com or Coach Kristi at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your concern relates to inappropriate behavior or activity that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Criminal Activity
- Use, sale, or distribution of illegal drugs
- Physical & mental abuse
- Inappropriate touching
- Coaches sharing hotel rooms with athletes
- Rubdowns or massages performed by coaches
- Pictures and/or videos taken in locker rooms or changing areas
- Violations of USA Swimming’s Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP)
Please report the incident immediately to Club Kick Start’s Safe Sport coordinator, Sarah Chaires.
You can reach out to North Carolina SafeSport coordinator, Rebecca Thomas email@example.com
You can also contact USA Swimming at (719) 866-4578 https://www.usaswimming.org/articles-landing-page/2017/05/08/safe-sport-report If your concern relates to sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, or sexually explicit communication through any media, please contact the U.S. Center for SafeSport to make a report immediately. You can report your concern online or call 720-524-5640. More information can be found at www.safesport.org. If you need guidance, please contact our SafeSport Coordinator, Coach Chaires.
Coaches, swimmers, and parents are encouraged to talk with each other to resolve their issues. We promote tolerance of swimmers, parents, coaches for unity within our swim teams. However, if this isn’t possible, members of the Club Kick Start should know how to file a grievance:
- Swimmers or parents who have a grievance with another swimmer, parent, assistant coach, or official should contact Coach Chaires or Coach Kristi in writing within two weeks of the date of occurrence. Coach Chaires and Coach Kristi will discuss the problem in a timely and confidential manner. All information will be gathered regarding the situation, which may involve sit-down meetings with all those involved and any witnesses. Decisions will be made within two weeks of notification. Disciplinary action that may be required will be taken with the swimmer, parent, and/ or coach.