The purpose of this code is to promote the best possible individual, team, and program responsibility while supporting the team goal of the development of first class citizens at all times. As representatives of New South Swimming ("NSS"), athletes are expected to uphold the following rules and regulations at all team functions, including meets and practices. NSS expects athletes to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. NSS team members should be respectful of their peers, coaches, and parents/guardians. All athletes should encourage and support their teammates at practice as well as competition. Athletes should not conduct themselves in any manner that is disruptive or rude to others.
2. Athletes are expected, at all times, to follow coach instruction. At no time will disrespectful attitudes or talk be tolerated from any athlete.
3. Athletes using the locker-room should exhibit proper behavior. Rough-housing, yelling and touching items that belong to others is not acceptable.
4. The following actions are intolerable and are grounds for immediate expulsion from the team: abusive behavior, lying, or stealing or bullying.
5. Vandalism will not be tolerated. Any property that is vandalized by a NSS athlete will be repaired or replaced by the athlete’s family.
6. NSS athletes should compete in NSS caps and suits.
7. The following are unacceptable at any time: use of alcoholic beverages, drugs other than prescribed by your doctor, and the use of tobacco products.
8. Athletes should not participate in behavior or activities that are inappropriate regardless of the behavior of those around them. Athletes should remove themselves from a situation that is inappropriate, even if they are not participating, to avoid “guilt by association”.
9. Team members will refrain from any behavior that would detract from a positive image of NSS.
10. Team members will display proper respect and sportsmanship toward coaches, officials, administrators, fellow competitors and the public at all times.
Violation of the above-mentioned behaviors (with the exception of number 4) will be disciplined as follows:
· First violation will receive a warning.
· Second violation may result in expulsion for the rest of that practice session and a phone call/meeting with the parent/guardian(s) of the athlete.
· Third violation may result in suspension from practice for 1 week.
· Fourth violation may result in expulsion from the team.
Dues will not be adjusted for suspended athletes. Your agreement on the Code of Conduct constitutes unconditional agreement to comply with the NSS Athlete Expectations. Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct as set forth in this document may result in disciplinary action.