Just want to get back into the swim of things? Training for a triathlon? Masters Swimming is for the serious adult swimmer looking to improve time/technique or to compete year round.
GCY and the Bryan YMCA are now offering a competitive swim programs for adults! Whether you are an adult who is swimming for fitness, training for triathlons, or competing in swim meets at any level, GCY is the training environment for you! Our masters program focuses on all four competitive strokes and helps athletes train for swim meets at all levels. Our program also focuses on freestyle and will help you train for triathlons from Sprint to Ironman. We pride ourselves on creating a program that accommodates athletes of all levels. Our professional coaching staff can assist you in developing a training program specific to your interests and goals.
It’s a GREAT time to start swimming with GCY’s Masters Swim Team. Dive in with our great coaches!
Monday-Wednesday-Friday at the GAC
- 5-7 a.m.
- 6-8 a.m. during COVID curfew
Tuesday + Thursday at the Bryan Y
- 5 -7 a.m.
- 6-7:45 a.m. during COVID curfew
Monday-Thursday at Bryan YMCA
- All practices are by reservation only due to COVID-19.
- All GCY Masters swimmers must hold YMCA memberships.
- Registration fee includes 1 latex cap & T-shirt.
- Monthly payments must be processed by monthly bank draft.
- All withdrawals require a 15-day written notice.
- The season is ongoing and participants may sign up at any time.
- A US Masters Swimming Registration is recommended annually and is necessary for USMS competitions. (Competition is encouraged, but completely optional). The current cost is $60.00. Please register online at http://www.usms.org/reg/register.php
|US Masters Fee
(must hold YMCA membership)
|Discount for 2nd & 3rd
(10% off monthly fee)
4th or more GCY swimmers
(no monthly fee)
Program & Coaching Questions:
Please contact Brad Herndon at 336-478-9635 or email at [email protected]
Please contact Cynthia Shannon at 336-478-9631 or email at [email protected]