August Lifeguarding Class
Friday, Aug 10-Sunday, Aug 12
At Southern Pines Park Pool
TOTAL: 20 hours on deck. On Line portion to be completed prior to class.
Cost: $260.00 (general participant)
1. Must be 15 years of age on or before last day of class.
2. Swim 300 yards non-stop continuously demonstrating breath control, rhythmic breathing.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
4. Complete timed event within 1 min 40 seconds.
5. Start in water, swim 20 yards.
6. Surface dive, feet first or head first to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve 10#lb object.
7. Exit the water without using ladder or steps.
8. Student must attend entire scheduled classes. Any missed class will result in an incomplete course, and cannot be made up.
Not sure of your skills level? We can help.
Register HERE or by clicking on the Lessons/Aquatics registration button on the left side of the home page! Hours listed on registration page.