MAY LIFEGUARDING CLASS
THE TOWN OF SOUTHERN PINES
Friday, May 4 8pm-10pm (Swimming test)
Saturday May 5 1pm-7pm
Sunday May 6 1pm-7-pm
Saturday May 12 1pm-7pm
TOTAL: 20 hours on deck. On Line portion to be completed prior to class.
1. $260.00 (general participant)
2. FREE (participants interested in working at the Town of SP Pool next summer; pre-employment application approval needed for free registration). SSS will be working with the Town of Southern Pines to manage their pool next summer!
Lifeguard Flyer Town of SP Job Application
1. Must be 15 years of age on or before last day of class.
2. Swim 300 yards non-stop continuously demonstrating breath control, rhythmic breathing.
3. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
4. Complete timed event within 1 min 40 seconds.
5. Start in water, swim 20 yards.
6. Surface dive, feet first or head first to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve 10#lb object.
7. Exit the water without using ladder or steps.
8. Student must attend entire scheduled classes. Any missed class will result in an incomplete course, and cannot be made up.
Not sure of your skills level? We can help.
SSS has High School prep/Masters practices--we can get you where you need to be to pass the swimming test!
These practices are 7:30-9:00 pm Mon-Thur & 2pm-3PM most Saturdays.
Contact Susannecooper@gmail.com. Drop ins welcome.
Anyone registering for the Lifeguarding class gets a discount.
Register HERE or by clicking on the Lessons/Aquatics registration button on the left side of the home page!
July class open for registration! July 12-16. This blended learning class required 10 hours of online work and 30 hours in the water. See the Upcoming Events & Registration section below the pictures on the home page.
Sandhills Sandsharks May 2017 dates: May 19-21: Friday 5-10; Sat & Sun 9-4. Registration is through the Aquatics Programming section of the home page, located directly beneath the pictures. You may need to scroll down. If you do not have a Sandshark account, you will be prompted to create one as part of the registration process.
First Health of the Carolinas Spring 2017 classes: Lifeguard Classes at First Health