After the initial 14 days of the swimmer’s first team practice, swimmers in the Challenge and Elite tracks are obligated for the entire 11 month contractual fee and family endowment contribution, regardless of the length of time which the swimmer remains in the program. Swimmers in the Jr. TITANS Track are obligated for the entire 4-month trimester period, regardless of the length of time which the swimmer remains in the program
Should a swimmer cease practicing with a Challenge, Elite, or Jr. TITAN group for any reason, the lesser of a two month’s dues cancellation fee or the remainder of the swim-year’s dues will be assessed to the family’s account, as well as, any unpaid family endowment contribution obligation and service credits not worked. A swimmer may not swim through the buyout period.
If a swimmer is moved into Jr. TITANS, Teen TITANS, or TITANS Prep after the initial 14 days of the swimmer’s first practice, they will remain obligated to their new group rate for their entire original contract period. (11 months for Challenge/Elite swimmers / 4 months for Jr.TITANS swimmers). Should a swimmer cease practicing for any reason, the lesser of a two month’s dues cancellation fee or the remainder of the swim-year’s dues will be assessed to the family’s account, as well as, any unpaid family endowment obligation. A swimmer may not swim through the buyout period.
- Once a swimmer has committed online for any trip, meet, or event; and the online commitment withdrawal/sign-up date has passed, the swimmer is financially responsible and will be billed. Specifically note: swim meets missed for illnesses will not be credited for any reason; fees are incurred prior to the meet and cannot be refunded or reimbursed.
- When a swimmer is absent or unable to participate in practice for any reason, it is not possible to refund fees or reschedule.
- Other costs that are not included in monthly dues may include, but are not limited to: monthly dry land fees, meet entry fees, additional training opportunities, social events, training trips, travel meets and apparel purchases.
- When practice is cancelled or changed due to weather, national holiday, facility shut down, external events or TITANS home meets, it is not possible to refund fees or reschedule a practice.
- Members whose check payments are returned as insufficient will be charged a $50 return fee per violation. Returned fees are also subject to the late payment fee policies.
- Late or delinquent fees/payments of any kind may result in a loss of swimmer practice time or meet participation until all payments are reconciled. Team Unify will automatically charge a “late payment” fee of $25 after the 20th of each month.
- 20 days late: $25 late fee posted on account
- 50 days late: $25 additional late fee posted on account and swimmer will not be allowed to practice or compete in swim meets until account is paid in full.
MULTIPLE SWIMMER DISCOUNT
Families with multiple active paying athletes in the Challenge and Elite tracks will receive a discount on the additional swimmer’s fees. There is a 15% discount on the monthly group fees for the second swimmer and a 20% discount for all additional swimmers. Discounts apply to the swimmer’s paying the lesser amount each month. Jr. TITANS and Teen TITANS swimmers are not eligible for multiple swimmer discounts due to the flexibility of the program.
The Triangle Aquatic Center (“TAC”) Board of Directors is responsible for making sure that TAC is able to serve the year-round aquatic needs of the Triangle community for generations to come. As a result, TAC established a yearly, non-refundable, Endowment Fund (“Endowment”) to support the long-term mission and financial health and vitality of this nonprofit organization. Establishing an endowment is a common practice among nonprofit organizations in order to create long-term financial sustainability. Beginning September 1, 2018, a percentage of revenue from all TAC program fees, a Family Contribution from Challenge & Elite TAC TITANS swimming groups and community donations will be used to fund the Endowment. TAC TITANS team groups will have an annual amount billed in September in the amount of $200.00. The beginner groups Senior Challenge, Copper and Bronze obligation is $120.00. An 11 month payment plan will be offered to all groups. In the event of a "medical suspend" or “contract buy out” the payment plan remaining balance will be billed to the member's account for payment in full.
The Swimmer Movement Request Form for ALL practice groups must be completed and submitted BEFORE the 15th of the month PRECEEDING the first day of the month. Swimmers may NOT begin practicing in a new group before the paperwork has been completed and approved. Accounts must be in ‘good standing’ and current prior to any swimmer movement being approved. The form is located under Financial Policies in the "All About TITANS" tab.
SUSPEND/REACTIVATION for SWIMMERS
- Families with Teen TITANS swimmers may opt to swim on a month-to-month basis. The Suspend/Reactivate Form must be completed and submitted BEFORE the 15th of the month PRECEEDING the month you wish to suspend or reactivate your Teen TITANS swimmer. Account balances must be paid in full to suspend swimmers. The form is located under Financial Policies in the "All About TITANS" tab.
- Families with Jr. TITANS swimmers may opt to swim on a predetermined trimester contract basis. The 4-month trimester contracts are; Fall (September – December), Spring (January - April), and Summer (May – August). The Suspend/Reactivate Form must be completed and submitted BEFORE the 15th of the month PRECEEDING the first day of the new trimester contract period. Account balances must be paid in full to suspend swimmers. The form is located under Financial Policies in the "All About TITANS" tab.
- Medical Leave, for monthly dues, is extended to all TAC TITANS who have a medical injury for duration of more than 21 days. Two forms are required to adjust billing accounts. The TAC TITANS Medical Leave Form AND a doctor’s note signed, dated, listing date of injury, and the duration of ‘out of water’ time requirement must be provided prior to a reduction in monthly dues credit being placed on account. Please note the following exceptions:
- Once a swimmer has committed online to any trip, meet, or event; and the online commitment withdrawal/sign-up date has passed, the swimmer is financially responsible and will be billed. Medical injury does not alter this commitment due to the pre payment and/or pre planning of the event or meet.
- Families receiving multiple swimmer discounts for Challenge and Elite Track swimmers who are extended a medical leave request will be billed the adjusted scale rate for all remaining active swimmers. (Example: If a family has 2 swimmers and the highest rate swimmer is on medical leave, the remaining swimmer will be billed at the 1st swimmer rate.)
TAC TITANS have Service Credit Program Requirements for all Challenge and Elite Track Swimmers. For complete information on the specific requirements for each family, please read the Service Credit Program documentation.
Dues Reduction work completed by TAC TITANS families may be applied to both current and future year’s dues. Credits are placed on account after the 20th of each month. If a family leaves the TAC TITANS swimming program, any unused funds are forfeited and will remain in the TITANS general operating fund.