TEAM EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL TYDE SWIMMERS
- TYDE Swim cap, goggles and water bottles. Speedo swim suit are preferred. Speedo tie-back suits are acceptable. (No Jolyn tie-back or two-piece suits). Only modest cut Jolyn suits are acceptable.
- Swimmer is responsible for bringing ALL equipment to practice every day (unless otherwise instructed).
- Put your name on all equipment (including team apparel and suits).
- At the end of practice, swimmers are responsible for picking up all equipment, trash, water bottles, etc.
- Respect your coaches, teammates, the YMCA and TYDE at all times
- Listen and look at your coaches when they are speaking to you.
- Follow directions. Raise your hand to ask questions if you don’t understand instructions.
- Learn to read the pace clock.
- Work together as a team. Be proud to be a TYDE swimmer.
- Be prepared with all equipment at every practice
- Focus on swimming RIGHT before swimming FAST.
- Come to practice with a positive attitude and ready to work hard.
- Clean up after every practice. Leave the pool cleaner than when you arrived.
- TYDE is a competitive swim team, therefore Platinum swimmers are required to compete in meets, including Y Nationals.
- Swimmers are responsible for declaring their intentions for TYDE swim meets. Coaches will pick events and challenge swimmers to become well-rounded athletes by swimming as many different events as possible.
- All entries will be posted on the TYDE team site for review prior to the start of the meet. Results can also be found on the team site after meets.
- White TYDE team caps and black Speedo team suits MUST be worn at swim meets. Jolyn suits are not acceptable for competition. Speedo tech suits are encouraged to be worn at championship meets along with championship team caps.
- Swimmers should meet with coaches before and after races for instructions and feedback.
- Being a good teammate and a good sport is expected at swim meets. This includes cheering and supporting teammates and winning and losing with dignity.