2019-2020 Short Course Online Registration
is Available Now for both
New, Transferring and Returning Members
Register Online Now
- Register Online now and choose "New/Developmental" practice group. You will need to provide your email address and a password to create an account on our website.
- Attend the Information Meeting:
- Monday, October 21, 2019
- Magic City Campus Commons, Door #29
- New Members get a free Trial Week! Fees need to be paid before the first practice. However, after the first week, if either your family or the Head Coach determines that your swimmer is not ready for competitive swim practice, you will receive a full refund of the fees. The deadline to make this decision is Friday, November 8, 2019.
- New Members start practice:
- Monday, October 28, 2019
- Magic City Campus (MCC) Pool, Door #29
- We will also provide information to New Families during practice on October 28th.
- Questions: Call Kirsten at 240-1831
Transferring from ASK & MSC Returning Members
- Register Online now or stop by the Information Meeting for assistance with your online registration.
- Login to the website.
- Check out the "MSC Members / Practice Groups" tab to find out the group your child is in. (must be logged in to see this tab)
- Transferring from ASK families: you should have received an email with this info. If not, please let us know!
- Transferring and returning Members start practice Monday, October 28.
Registration Info and Fees
- All Members must register online through the website.
- Payment methods include cash, check or credit card. Cash/check payments can be placed in drop box at the MCC Pool. Credit card payments are assessed a credit card processing fee during the check out process.
- Two options for season fees (November to March) are as follows:
- Pay in Full at the time of registration (discount in fees). For new members, payment is due before first practice. Returning members, the payment in full is due by November 8, 2019.
- Pay USA Insurance Fee and 1/2 of the practice fees at registration with the remaining balance due in January. First payment is due November 8, 2019. Second payment is due January 15, 2020.
2019-2020 Short Course Fees:
|Comp 1&2, 8U Qualifiers, Maroon 1&2
||Gold 1 & 2
|USA Insurance Fee
***Paid in October***
||$275 (approx $54/mo)
|Total Fees if Paid in Full
||Oct: $217, Jan:$145
(Oct payment includes USA Ins Fee)
Oct: $222, Jan:$150
(Oct payment includes USA Ins Fee)
|Oct: $227, Jan:$155
(Oct payment includes USA Ins Fee)
- Two children: $25 Family Discount
- Three Children: $50 Family Discount
- Four Children: $75 Family Discount
***Family Discounts apply to registrations for the entire season that are either paid in full or divided into two payments. Discounts do not apply to boys pre-season swimmers, middle school swimmers with discount or club swimmers starting at a later time during the season.
Financial Assistance Scholarship
MSC offers financial assistance for swimming fees to those families that qualify based on income levels. If you would like more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Practice Schedule for the First Week
- Monday, October 28
- New Members: 5:45pm - 6:45pm @ MCC Pool - Use Door #29
- Transferring & Returning Members: 7:00pm - 8:00pm @ MCC Pool - Use Door #29
- Tuesday, October 29 - Girls High School Meet - No Swimming Practice
- 5:00pm: Attend the Girls High School Meet and Future Magi Night!!!
- Wednesday, October 30
- New/Developmental: 6:00pm - 7:00pm @ Jim Hill (JH) Pool, Door #5
- Competitive, 8U Qualifiers, Maroon 1: 5:45pm - 7:00pm @ MCC Pool, Door #29
- Maroon 2: 7:00pm - 8:30pm @ MCC Pool, Door #29
- Gold 1 & 2: 7:00pm - 8:45pm @ MCC Pool, Door #29
- Thursday, October 31, Halloween: No Swim Practice
- Friday, November 1: All at MCC Pool, Door #29
- New/Developmental: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Competitive, 8U Qualifiers, Maroon 1: 5:45pm - 7:00pm
- Maroon 2: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- Gold 1 & 2: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Regular Weekly Schedule
***We encourage the swimmers to attend practices 2-3 times per week***
- Monday thru Thursday at Jim Hill Pool from 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Fridays at MCC Pool from 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Competitive 1 & 2, 8U Qualifiers and Maroon 1
- Monday thru Friday at MCC Pool from 5:45pm - 7:00pm
- Maroon 2
- Monday thru Friday at MCC Pool from 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- Gold 1 & 2
- Monday thru Thursday at MCC Pool from 7:00pm - 8:45pm
- Friday at MCC Pool: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
|| 6:00pm - 7:00pm
| Competitive 1 & 2
|| 5:45pm - 7:00pm
| 8U Qualifiers
|| 5:45pm - 7:00pm
| Maroon 1
|| 5:45pm - 7:00pm
| Maroon 2
|| 7:00pm - 8:30pm
| Gold 1 & 2
7:00pm - 8:45pm(M-Th)
7:00pm - 8:30pm(Fri)
Swimmers will need to purchase flippers, hand paddles and a mesh bag for practices. MSC has samples of these items on hand for sizing purposes and they will be available to try on the first week of practice. Equipment should be ordered online through our online club store on swimoutlet.com. Here is the link: www.swimoutlet.com/minotswimclubotters
Middle School Swimmers
Boys and Girls in 6th, 7th and 8th grade have the opportunity to participate in Middle School swimming. Often times, these swimmers also participate in practice with the Minot Swim Club at the same time. The coaches encourage the athletes to do this; however, since this does not always work for everyone, the board has decided to offer the following fees for these athletes:
- Full Club Fees for swimmers who want to practice with Middle School and MSC simultaneously throughout the season.
- $25 Discount for swimmers who do not want to practice with MSC during the middle school season, but want to join club before or after the middle school season.
- 6th Grade Swimmers can participate in both Middle School Meets and Club swim meets.
- 7th and 8th Grade swimmers can only participate in Middle School meets during the middle school season. Times achieved at these meets can be used for club state qualifying times if needed. The middle school coach will need to send the times to the MSC Head Coach. The Girls middle school season is August to mid-October, followed by the boys October to December. Swimmers can participate in club swim meets before or after the middle school season.
Swim meets are available most weekends from mid-November to March. There are several held in Minot and others are available across the state. It is your decision which meets your swimmer attends. Sign up deadline for meets is on Tuesdays, 1 1/2 weeks prior to the meet. The general price for a swim meet is $25 for one day and $30 for a two day meet. There are some meets that will have a higher fee and will be noted on the event sign up. Late fee is $25 per swimmer for registrations after the deadline.
One of the benefits of joining the Minot Swim Club is that we assist with the price of the swim meets. For example, the average full price to attend a one day swim meet is $35. MSC pays $10 and the swimmer pays $25. MSC Fundraising fees are used to help supplement the meet expenses for the families so the swimmers can attend meets at a reduced price.
Swim meets will be listed on the Website under the Events tab. Those meets that the club will not be attending as a team will be noted on it. You may attend the other meets, but there may or may not be a coach attending. You will be notified prior to the meet if this is the case and you can adjust your decision if you choose.
The Minot Swim Club home meets will be held on November 24, December 15, January 5(tentative), Feb 8-9 and March 14.
Fundraising is an integral source of income for the Minot Swim Club and enables the club to keep swimming practice fees and meet fees at a minimum. MSC holds a large prize Raffle during the short course season. Each family is required to sell 10 raffle tickets for $20 each. Tickets will be distributed during the first few weeks of practice and must be paid for at the time of distribution. At ticket distribution, each family will write a check or pay cash for $200 for the raffle tickets. The checks will not be cashed until January 10, 2020 to allow time for the family to sell the tickets and recoup their money. Tickets will be sold during the Short Course season with the drawing to be held during the Winter Fun Meet on Feb 9, 2020.
Raffle Ticket Prizes:
- 2019 Polaris Sportsman 450 ATV w/Winch & Plow $7900 value
- Traeger Grill with Cover, Pellets & Rub Seasoning - $1400 value
- Customized Fire Pit by KJ Designs $550 value
- Neptune Splashmat 6' x 16' $550 value
- $250 Cash
- $100 Gift Card to Marcos Pizza
Several prizes will be awarded for the top ticket sellers!!!
Additional fundraising opportunities may arise such as a Silent Auction or Dine to Donate at a restaurant. Please let us know if you have any great fundraising ideas!!!
“No Swim” Dates
We share the Minot High School pool with several other groups. There will be times we may not be able to have swim practice due to the pool being used for High School or Middle School Swim Meets. “No Swim” dates are listed on the calendar on the website at www.minotswimclub.com.
“No Locker Room” Practices
Because we are sharing space with MHS varsity sports, we may at times not have access to the locker rooms. This may be due to a basketball game, wrestling, or other sports. The locker room will be used by the teams competing in that sport. To allow our swimmers the opportunity to swim, we will be allowed to use the pool; however, swimmers will not have a locker room to change in. Parking will be an issue during these practices.
Here are some guidelines for “No Locker Room” practices:
- Swimmers should come with their suits already on. They will not be able to change prior to practice.
- Swimmers will enter Magic City Campus through Door #29.
- Do not use the bus drive through area, this causes congestion and issues with the visiting teams and athletes. Parents should park in the lot on the East side of the building.
- Swimmers may not be able to change after practice. Please remember this when dressing for the weather conditions. Bring clothes that can be worn over wet suits.
- Bathrooms will be available through the door at the top of the bleachers. They are labeled “Faculty Bathrooms”. This door cannot be propped open and you may only use the bathrooms. The commons area might be blocked off. Please do not allow swimmers to go to this area dripping wet.
“No Locker Room” practices will be listed on the calendar on the website at: www.minotswimclub.com
In case of bad weather, cancellations will be posted on our website www.minotswimclub.com and/or the local TV station websites: www.kmot.com and www.kxnet.com for updates regarding our practices. One rule of thumb, if the Minot Public Schools cancels classes for the day due to weather, they will close all buildings and we will not have swimming practice.
Parent meetings are held each month during practice. The purpose of these meetings is to educate families on many topics of being involved in Swimming. It is also a time to inform parents about upcoming activities and events for the Minot Swim Club.