Long Course Summer Season
June 1 thru Aug 14, 2020
Who Can Register?
- Registration is open to any swimmer that has participated in Competitive Swimming in the past. Swimmers that swam last winter, or those that might have missed a season for club, participated in the high school season or moved to Minot from another club. If you have a question about eligibility, please email email@example.com for more information.
- Due to COVID-19 and the limited amount of pool space, we will not be accepting any Brand New Beginner Swimmers this summer. Our next season will start in October or November and we will be excited to welcome new swimmers at that time!
Which Practice Group is my swimmer in?
- All swimmer accounts have been updated with the correct roster group placement for the upcoming season.
- Returning Members should sign in to your online account and go to My Account->My Account->Members->Chose Swimmer Name and scroll down the page to the "Roster" field. Here are the Step-by-Step Instructions with screen shot to find your swimmer's Roster Group.
- If you are new to competitive club this season, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine group placement.
- All Members (New and Returning) must register online through the website BEFORE attending any practices.
- Payment methods include cash, check or credit card.
- Practices are available in the morning and evenings throughout the season
2020 Long Course Schedule and Fees:
|Gold 1, 2
||7:45am - 9:30am
||Tue/Thu 5:15pm - 6:15pm
||9:15am - 10:45am
||Tue/Thu 5:15pm - 6:15pm
||9:45am - 10:45am
||Mon/Wed 5:15pm - 6:15pm
|Dev, Comp 1 & 2, 8U
||10:50am - 11:50pm
||Mon/Wed 5:15pm - 6:15pm
*** Swimmers can attend both morning(Mon-Fri) and evening(assigned days) practices.
*** All practices are at the Roosevelt Pool
Morning Practice Weather Considerations:
- Weather can sometimes be questionable, however plan to attend practice unless you get a text message from MSC stating otherwise.
- Dryland Attire - plan to wear/bring dryland clothes/shoes if it is cool to begin with. Swimmers will have dryland until it warms up enough to get in the pool.
- A general rule of thumb is that if the temperature is above 50 degrees we will probably have practice.
- We will not have practice if it is raining.
USA Membership Insurance Fee:
- Swimmers that swam during the Winter (Sept 2019 thru March 2020) and have a current 2020 USA Membership, you do not need to pay for another membership.
- If you did not swim during the Winter (Sept 2019 thru March 2020), you will need to sign up for the USA Membership and pay the fee of $74 and it will cover the swimmer from now until December 2021.
- Two children: $15 Family Discount
- Three Children: $30 Family Discount
- Four Children: $45 Family Discount
***Discounts apply to registrations for the entire season.
Financial Assistance Scholarship
MSC offers financial assistance for swimming fees to those families that qualify based on income levels. If you would like more information, please send an email to email@example.com
In case of bad weather, cancellations will be posted on our website www.minotswimclub.com and/or the local TV station websites: www.kmot.com and www.kxnet.com for updates regarding our practices. Some days we might cancel the outdoor practice if it is cold or rainy.
Due to COVID-19, we are not able to have swim meets at this time. When that changes, we will inform the members. Swim meets are usually listed on the Website under the Events tab. The meets that the club will be attending as a team will be noted on the event information. You may attend the other meets, but there may or may not be a coach attending. You will be notified prior to the meet if this is the case and you can adjust your decision if you choose.
Swimmers will need to purchase flippers, hand paddles and a mesh bag for practices. MSC has samples of these items on hand for sizing purposes. Equipment should be ordered online via this link to Swim Outlet
Parent Meetings and Communication
MSC utilizes email, Facebook and Instagram to communicate with parents. Parent meetings are held as needed. The purpose of these meetings is to educate families on many topics of being involved in Swimming. It is also a time to inform parents about upcoming activities and events for the Minot Swim Club.
During the Long Course season there are no set fundraising requirements. If a fundraising opportunity presents itself, the MSC Board will decide whether or not to participate on a case by case basis. Fundraising is vital to our organization and the MSC board will communicate with the parents if an opportunity arises that they feel would benefit our club.
Minot Swim Club Board
The Minot Swim Club Board is responsible for the overall management, budgeting and direction of the Minot Swim Club. There are 14 board members that are elected or appointed to those positions. The board member names are listed on the Minot Swim Club website. Board meetings are held monthly. Feel free to ask questions of any board member or send an email to the club email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Online Now