2021-22 Short Course Online Registration
Available Now for both
New and Returning Members!
***Please review the following information and then click the "Online Registration" link at the bottom of the page.
- Register Online now and choose the "Green" practice group. You will need to provide your email address and a password to create an account on our website.
- Attend the:
- Information Meeting
- Monday, October 11 @ 6:30pm
- Magic City Campus Commons, Door #29
- New Members get a free Trial Week! The first week is a trial week to determine if your swimmer is ready for competitive club swimming. If after the first week, you or the coaches decide your swimmer is not ready for competitive swimming, you will receive a full refund of the fees. However, you must register and pay for your swimmer prior to the trial week for insurance purposes.
- Trial Week Practice Schedule (New Members Only):
- October 18, 20, 21 (Mon, Wed, Thur)
- 5:45pm - 6:45pm
- Please try to attend all practices if possible
- Magic City Campus (MCC) Pool, Door #29
- Wear swim suit, goggles and swim cap
- Payment - during registration you can pay online with a Credit Card, additional processing fees will be applied. If you choose to pay with check or cash, choose "Cash or Check" as the payment type and bring your payment to the pool at the meeting or the first practice.
- Practice Group Guidelines & Equipment Requirements
- Questions: Call Kirsten at 240-1831
- Register Online now!
- All swimmer accounts have been updated with the correct roster group placement for the upcoming season.
- Returning Members should sign in to your online account and go to My Account->My Account->Members->Chose Swimmer Name and scroll down the page to the "Roster" field. Here are the Step-by-Step Instructions with screen shot to find your swimmer's Roster Group.
- Practice Group Guidelines & Equipment Requirements
- Returning Members start Practice October 25!
Registration Info, Fees and Late Fees
- All Members (New and Returning) must register online through the website BEFORE attending any practices.
- Payment methods include cash, check or credit card (put cash/check payments in drop box at the pool)
- Two options for season fees (Nov-March) are as follows:
- Pay in Full - Pay USA Insurance Fee and the full season practice fees at the time of registration (price reflects a discount in fees).
- New Members - payment is due before first practice.
- Returning Members - payment in full is due by November 8, 2021
- Two Payment Plan - Pay the USA Insurance Fee and 1/2 of the practice fees at registration with the remaining balance due in January.
- First Payment is due:
- New Members - payment is due before first practice.
- Returning Members - payment is due November 8, 2021
- Second payment is due January 10, 2022 for both New and Returning Members
- Please note that this option includes the full season fees. If the swimmer stops mid-way through the season, you are still responsible for the full season fees.
- Late Fee: If the above deadlines are not met, a late fee of $25 will be charged to the account each month until it is paid.
- Swim Meet Fees: We strongly recommend and prefer that meet fees are paid monthly. They are required to be paid in full by the current End of the Season Banquet. All outstanding meet fees after the season is over will be charged a $25 late fee.
2021-22 Short Course Season Fees:
|Total Fees (If paid in full)
Two Payment Plan
USA Swimming Membership Insurance Fee
- All swimmers are required to purchase a USA Swimming Membership. This is an annual fee charged at the beginning of the Short Course Season, typically in October or November.
- Two children: $25 Family Discount
- Three Children: $50 Family Discount
- Four Children: $75 Family Discount
***Discounts apply to registrations for the entire season that are either paid in full or divided into two payments. Discounts do not apply to boys pre-season swimmers, middle school swimmers with discount or club swimmers starting at a later time during the season.
Middle School Swimmers
Boys and Girls in 6th, 7th and 8th grade have the opportunity to participate in Middle School swimming. Often times, these swimmers also participate in practice with the Minot Swim Club at the same time. The coaches encourage the athletes to do this; however, since this does not always work for everyone, the board has decided to offer the following fees for these athletes:
- Full Club Fees for swimmers who want to practice with Middle School and MSC simultaneously throughout the season.
- $25 Discount for swimmers who do not want to practice with MSC during the middle school season, but want to join club before or after the middle school season.
- 6th Grade Swimmers can participate in both Middle School Meets and Club swim meets.
- 7th and 8th Grade swimmers can only participate in Middle School meets during the middle school season. Times achieved at these meets can be used for club state qualifying times if needed. The middle school coach will need to send the times to the MSC Head Coach. The Girls middle school season is August to mid-October, followed by the boys October to December. Swimmers can participate in club swim meets before or after the middle school season.
Weekly Schedule starting October 25:
|| 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ MSU (M thru Th) @ MCC (F)
|Yellow / Maroon
|| 5:45 pm - 7:00 pm @ MCC
|Bronze / Silver
|| 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm @ MCC
|Gold / Platinum
|| 6:45 pm - 8:30 pm @ MCC
“No Swim” Dates
“No Swim” dates are listed on the calendar on the website. "No Swim" dates occur due to middle school and high school swim meets taking place in the evenings.
“No Locker Room” Practices
We are sharing building space with MHS varsity sports. Therefore, we may at times not have access to the locker rooms. This may be due to a basketball game, wrestling, or other sports. The locker room will be used by the teams competing in that sport. To allow our swimmers the opportunity to swim, we will be allowed to use the pool; however, swimmers will not have a locker room to change in. Parking will be an issue during these practices.
Here are some guidelines for “No Locker Room” practices:
- Swimmers should come with their suits already on. They will not be able to change prior to practice.
- Swimmers will enter Magic City Campus through Door #29.
- Do not use the bus drive through area, this causes congestion and issues with the visiting teams and athletes. Parents should park in the lot on the East side of the building.
- Swimmers may not be able to change after practice. Please remember this when dressing for the weather conditions. Bring clothes that can be worn over wet suits.
- Bathrooms will be available through the door at the top of the bleachers. They are labeled “Faculty Bathrooms”. This door cannot be propped open and you may only use the bathrooms. The commons area might be blocked off. Please do not allow swimmers to go to this area dripping wet.
“No Locker Room” practices will be listed on the calendar on the website.
In case of bad weather, cancellations will be posted on our website and/or the local TV station websites: www.kmot.com and www.kxnet.com for updates regarding our practices.
Swim meets are available throughout the state most weekends from late November to mid-March.
- Minot Meets: we plan to host three meets during the season
- November 21, 2021
- January 29-30, 2022
- March 5, 2022
- State Meet - tentative dates are
- Age 10 & Under: March 11-13, 2022
- Age 11 & Over: March 18-20, 2022
- It is your decision which meets your swimmer attends, keeping in mind that attending a swim meet will show progress the swimmer is making during practice. Additionally, they will record times that can possibly qualify them for the state meet.
- Sign up deadline for meets is on Tuesdays, 1 1/2 weeks prior to the meet as noted on the online calendar. The general price for a swim meet is $25 for one day and $30 for a two day meet. There are some meets that will have a higher fee and will be noted on the event sign up. Late fee is $25 per swimmer for registrations after the deadline.
One of the benefits of joining the Minot Swim Club is that we assist with the price of the swim meets. For example, the average full price to attend a one day swim meet is $35. MSC pays $10 and the swimmer pays $25. MSC Fundraising fees are used to help supplement the meet expenses for the families so the swimmers can attend meets at a reduced price.
Swim meets are listed on the Website under the Events tab. The meets that the club will be attending as a team will be noted on the event information. You may attend the other meets, but there may or may not be a coach attending. You will be notified prior to the meet if this is the case and you can adjust your decision if you choose.
Minot Swim Meets - A parent(s) will work at least one shift per day at each Minot Swim Meet that they have a swimmer participating. Shifts may include timing, concessions, ribbon preparation, officiating or merchandise sales. Families will also be asked to donate items for the concession stand. Volunteers are needed for each of these areas to ensure a successful meet.
Swimmers will need to purchase equipment for daily practices. MSC will have samples of these items on hand during the trial week and first full week of practices for sizing purposes.
Fundraising is an integral source of income for the Minot Swim Club and enables the club to keep swimming practice fees and meet fees at a minimum. MSC holds a large prize Raffle during the short course season. Each family is required to sell 10 raffle tickets for $20 each. Tickets will be distributed during the first few weeks of practice and must be paid for at the time of distribution. At ticket distribution, each family will write a check or pay cash for $200 for the raffle tickets. The checks will not be cashed until Jan 15, 2022 to allow time for the family to sell the tickets and recoup their money. Tickets will be sold during the Short Course season with the drawing to be held during the Winter Fun Meet on Jan 30, 2022.
Cash Prizes! (Total Prize payout is $10,000!!!)
- $500 (3 separate $500 Prizes to be awarded)
Several prizes will be awarded for the top ticket sellers!!!
Additional fundraising opportunities may arise such as a Silent Auction or Dine to Donate at a restaurant. Please let us know if you have any great fundraising ideas!!!
Financial Assistance Scholarship
MSC offers financial assistance for swimming fees to those families that qualify based on income levels. If you would like more information, please send an email to [email protected]
Parent Meetings and Communication
MSC utilizes email, Facebook and Instagram to communicate with parents. Parent meetings are held as needed. The purpose of these meetings is to educate families on many topics of being involved in competitive swimming. In addition, we will educate parents and swimmers regarding what to expect and how to prepare for a swim meet. There is a general Minot Swim Club Facebook page and a "Minot Otter Mom & Dads" private group Facebook page.
Minot Swim Club Board
The Minot Swim Club Board is responsible for the overall management, budgeting and direction of the Minot Swim Club. There are 13 board members that are elected or appointed to those positions. The board member names are listed on the Minot Swim Club website. Board meetings are held monthly. Feel free to ask questions of any board member or send an email to the club email address: [email protected]
Register Online Now