Training Group Descriptions
Age Group Blue (MWF): pre-competitive swimmers (ages: 7-10)
- Focus: developing good technique, basic conditioning, and proper lane etiquette
- Practice introduces simple sets; swimmers learn how to use the pace clock
- 3 practices a week
- Daily yardage: 1,500
- 30 minutes of each 90 minute session will be drylands designed to build a foundation of athleticism, body awareness, and coordination
- 60% attendance of swim meets during each season
Age Group Yellow (M-F, Sun): competitive swimmers (ages: 10-14) looking to get their first B to A times
- Focus: increasing yardage and conditioning while gaining a deeper understanding of stroke mechanics
- sets will become longer and more challenging
- more advanced understanding of the pace clock and intervals
- at least 4 practices a week
- daily yardage: 2,500
- participates in drylands on top of 90 minute pool sessions
- 70% attendance for swim meets during each season.
Age Group Black (M-F, Sun): advanced swimmers (ages: 10-14) looking to attend and score at New England Age Group Championships
- Focus: learning to train properly by increasing the yardage and set complexity--building endurance while maintaining proper technique
- can lead sets and run a warm-up independently
- know pace times and threshold intervals
- attends at least 5 practices a week.
- daily yardage 3,500
- drylands becomes more focused and intense. Begins monthly testing.
- 80% attendance of swim meets during each season
Senior Green (M-F, Sun): intensely dedicated swimmers (ages: 12-18) whose goals include competing at high level meets such as seniors, sectionals, junior nationals, senior nationals, and Olympic Trials
- Focus: peak performance for experienced swimmers who have demonstrated their dedication and willingness to take things to the next level
- practices at least 6 times a week
- daily yardage: 6,000-7,000
- drylands takes the form of strength and conditioning
- motto: train hard, rest harder!
- Attends 90% swim meets during each season