Each year (September- August) is divided into three seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer
The coaches focus on having the swimmers finish each season with a positive meet experience that they can build on for the next season. This is important for several reasons:
- As a TEAM we are competing to win Championships and need all qualifiers to compete.
- It is an extremely motivating way to finish the season which helps to set them up for a good start the next season
- It validates the effort the kids have put in at practice
- It validates the efforts the parents put into getting their kids to practice, making sure they are eating right, etc.
- Some kids may be needed to fill out relays at one of the meets with qualifying standards- this is a big deal both for the athlete and the team.
- The level of success, each season, for the team and swimmers is what accredits the coaches. In order to gain professional recognition the swimmers must compete.
Swimmers in Junior Nautilus, Nautilus, Junior, Senior and Senior Challenge groups are required to attend the highest level meet for which they qualify. These meets often fall on school vacation dates. This is a part of swimming that families have figured out in the past and all families are expected to make these meets fit their personal calendar.
The championship meets to end each season are:
Winter Junior Nationals
Winter National Championships
12 & Under Championships,
13-18 Age Group Championships,