The EDGE Swim Club prides itself on FAST swimming, learning skills that will last our athletes a lifetime, and creating and fostering friendships and memories that will last. The EDGE is the best competitive swim program in the state of Vermont. With four straight state and league titles, swimmers qualifying for Sectionals and Nationals, and swimmers heading off to the NCAA ranks, the EDGE is the place to be to swim fast.
Our swimmers learn the important life skills of hard work, discipline, time management, leadership, and the power of TEAM. We display great respect for others with our sportsmanship at each and every meet. As one of the largest swim programs in northern New England, and with our continued success, the EDGE Swim Club is a leader in the pool in northern Vermont and New England. It's important that we spread our values, and positive energy, beyond the pool! The EDGE aims to not only be a leader in the pool, but a leader in our community.
The EDGE Swim Club will host and/or participate in community outreach events/functions throughout the calendar year for all swimmers and parents to participate in. We will help contribute time, money, effort, and raise awareness for our community to both it's strengths and areas of concern. Together, as a TEAM, we can be a leader in our community!
In addition to reading about our past, current, and upcoming events and projects below, event pages will be created for families and swimmers to easily view and access all of the information they need!
CURRENT AND UPCOMING
2018 EDGE Swim Club Spectrum Sleep Out: April 5th-8th, EDGE Date TBD
2018 5th Annual Swim Like A Fool Masters & Vermont Senior Games Swim Meet: April 7th
- Click HERE for the event page
- Saturday, April 7th
- Williston EDGE
- The swim club will serve as volunteer timers, meet fans and enthusiasts, and help work the concession stand where proceeds will go directly toward the EDGE masters program and the Swimming Saves Lives foundation!
2018 EDGE Swim Club COTS Walk: May 6th, 2018
- Coordinator: Debra Coel
- More information will be posted soon!
PAST AND ARCHIVED
2018 Swim for Change with WOKO Big Change Round-Up: Saturday, January 27th, 9:00-11:00am
- Coordinator(s): Renata Branicki
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The swim-a-thon was a fantastic success! Cash, check, and concession stand donations alone on the day of the event totaled $953.99! We can't wait to collect the money from pledgers who donated per lap.
- It's not too late to raise money! Any additional donations can be brought to the aquatics office by Friday, March 9th!
- IN ADDITION - IT'S ALSO EASY TO DONATE TO OUR TEAM "POSSE" PAGE: CLICK HERE
EDGE Swim Club's 2nd Annual Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS) Week 2018: January 8th- 12th
- Coordinator: Debra Coel
- Thank you, EDGE swamily, for your generous donations to COTS. They were greatly appreciated. We LOVED the enthusiasm and excellent questions asked to Sian, the COTS volunteer, regarding homelessness and how COTS helps our community.
- We can't wait for the COTS walk!
2017 Special Olympics - Holiday Games - December 10th
- Thank you to our several EDGE swimmers who served as assistant coaches to the Special Olympics this winter, volunteering EIGHT of their Saturdays.
- A special thank you to our assistant coach, Chad Phalon, who was the head coach of the program, and will be the head coach for the Vermont Special Olympics team!
- Thank you to our EDGE parents, swimmers, and families for volunteering at the Holiday Games!
4th Annual EDGE Masters Meet: Swim Like a Fool AND Vermont Senior Games: April 1st, 2017
- Meet director and coordinator: Emily Mitchell EmilyM@edgevt.com 802-922-0888
- Thank you EDGE swimmers for showing great energy and support for master and senior swimmers. It was greatly appreciated and you were the highlight of the meet for many of the athletes. Go TEAM!
Swim For Change with WOKO Big Change Round-Up: January 14th, 2017
- Coordinator: Renata Branicki
- Thank you and congratulations, EDGE families, we swam over 80,000 yards, and raised around $6,000, well over our goal of $5,000, to the Big Change Roundup/University of Vermont Children's Hospital! We can't wait to do it again next year!
Committee on Temporary Shelter (COTS) Week: December 12th-16th, 2016
- Coordinator(s): Debra and Mark Coel
- Thank you, EDGE families, we donated over 100 items to COTS, and so many that are in high-demand right now. Our swimmers are now interested in the COTS walk as well!
Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf Donation Week: November 7th-11th, 2016
- Coordinator(s): Robyn and Oli Birgisson
- Thank you, EDGE Families! We donated over 230 pounds of food to the Chittenden Emergency Food shelf! Way to go, TEAM!