Dryland Programs for the EDGE Swim Club
The EDGE Swim Club and The PARISI Speed School powered by the EDGE work together to help provide the very best training for EDGE swimmers.
PARISI is recognized as the country’s premiere athletic performance enhancement organization for training youth and adolescent athletes. USA Swimming strongly encourages all swim clubs to promote and instruct their swimmers to be coordinated athletes with body awareness and control, especially as they develop from ages 8 to 14. Parisi dominates this realm. For more information on Parisi at the EDGE, click HERE.
DESCRIPTION: (continue reading/scroll down for schedule/fee information)
EDGE swimmers in our development levels, listed above, receive a 10% discount from their swim team fees for participating in the PARISI Jump Start Program during either our Short Course, Summer Pre-Season, or Long Course programs.
- The Jump Start program is for ages 7 to 11, and is a developmental program that helps young athletes enhance coordination, relative body strength, speed, and agility while working in a fun structured environment.
- The Jump Start program is offered Monday through Friday, from 5:00-6:00pm. It is also offered on Saturday from 11:00am-12:00pm.
- We recommend 2-3 sessions per week.
- The schedule accommodates our Bronze level program perfectly. For our preparation and pewter levels, we encourage multi-sport/activity participation. We encourage and recommend PARISI as a great option on your days off from swimming!
- PARISI is the Silver level's scheduled dryland program, and is included in the cost of the program.
- The class will utilize methods and elements from all of PARISI's Total Performance models; linear speed, change of direction, and total body strength. PARISI staff will take an extra careful approach to practices shoulder injury prevention with rotator cuff and scapular stabilization exercises and core stabilization exercises that are important for swimmers. The Silver level dryland with PARISI aims to create well rounded and technically sound athletes.
- PARSI is the Gold level's scheduled dryland program, and is included in the cost of the program.
- The class will follow PARISI's Total Performance model of total body strength with an added emphasis on rotator cuff and scapular strengthening and stabilization. The Gold level dryland with PARISI aims to create the strongest swimmers.
Gold I Level:
- The Gold I level with work primarily with Casey Lee, the director of the PARISI program at the EDGE and PARISI Performance Coach of the Year.
- The Gold I program will be a hybrid model of strength training under the direct supervision of PARISI's finest coaches.
- Individualized and group program for the Gold I athletes to mitigate their weaknesses and improve their strengths.
- Gold I swimmers may be required/strongly encouraged to participate in this program.
2018 SPRING SCHEDULE & FEES:
Development Levels: refer to the description section for the jump start program's schedule. Visit the PARISI page on the EDGE website (link provided toward top of this page) for more information. Advance registration is mandatory. Please contact Casey Lee at CaseyL@edgevt.com to enroll and inquire for more information.
Silver Level: Price Included in Program Registration Fees
- Summer Pre-Season: Monday, March 26th - Wednesday, June 6th
- Long Course: Tuesday, March 27th - Thursday, June 14th
- Tuesday/Thursday: 6:30-7:30pm
All Gold Levels: Price Included in Program Registration Fees
- Monday, March 26th - Wednesday, June 13th
- Monday/Wednesday: 6:00-7:00pm
Gold I Level Only: Additional $500.00 or $125.00 per month (Apr - Jul). Registration done with PARISI
- Tuesday, March 27th - Thursday, June 14th
- Tuesday/Thursday: 6:00-7:00am