Code of Conduct: Athletes
Freetown-Lakeville Warriors Swimming (FLWS)
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’ behavior.
- Athletes will respect and show courtesy to teammates and coaches at all times
- Athletes will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
- Athletes will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for younger teammates.
- Athletes will be respectful of teammates’ feelings and personal space. Athletes who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
- Athletes will attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless they are excused by a FLWS coach.
- Athletes will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
- Athletes will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
- If Athletes disagree with an official’s call, athletes will talk with a FLWS coach and not approach the official directly.
- Athletes will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct. See USA Swimming Code of Conduct section for more details.
Athletes who violate this code of conduct will be subject to disciplinary action determined by FLWS coaching staff.