Parent Code of Conduct
As the parent of a swimmer(s) in a GS Competitive and/or Pre-Competitive swimming program and as a member of Greenwood Swimming, I agree to adhere to the following conduct guidelines:
1. Promote teamwork, ethical sportsmanship, and the reputation of Greenwood Swimming with all parents, swimmers, coaches and officials by demonstrating the values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility.
2. Parents will not interfere with coaches on the pool deck by coaching or instructing the team or any swimmer at practice or meets (from the stands or any other area).
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship through conduct that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials, and coaches at swim meets and practices.
4. Maintain self-control at all times and adhere to my role within the team, that is:
Swimmers ⇰ Swim, Coaches ⇰ Coach, Officials ⇰ Officiate, and Parents ⇰ Parent
5. Name-calling, rumor mongering, abusive language, and/or profane or threatening gestures directed toward coaches, officials, GS staff, , and/or any participating swimmer, parent, or non-swimming family member is detrimental to our team's spirit and reputation so, therefore, will not be permitted or tolerated, and that I may be barred from team facilities and functions, meet venues, and/or be asked to leave the program if I engage in any of these types of behavior.
6. Promote and demonstrate involvement with Greenwood Swimming by supporting the swimmers, coaches, staff, and other parents through positive communication and actions.
7. During competitions, questions or concerns regarding decisions made by meet officials must be directed to a member of our coaching staff. Parents address officials via the coaching staff only.
8. In accordance with USA Swimming rules, parents are expected to remain in the spectator area and off the immediate competitive deck unless they are working the meet in an official capacity.
9. There are some meets during the season where GS will be required to provide timers, officials, and other meet personnel in support of the meet. Parents are expected to volunteer for these positions as requested by GS.
10. Chaperones must agree to fulfill their responsibilities to the swimmers entrusted to their care and to the other chaperones and coaches. Chaperones, while on duty, must refrain from any behavior which is inappropriate for an individual in their capacity including the use of drugs, alcoholic beverages, and tobacco products.
11. Pay all financial obligations to the club promptly and as set forth in the Membership Commitment.
Violations of the Parent Code of Conduct:
Should I conduct myself in a manner that violates the conduct guidelines and brings discredit or discord to Greenwood Swimming programs, it’s coaches, it’s volunteers, it’s agents, it’s employees, and/or its members, I agree to voluntarily subject myself to disciplinary action. I further agree to comply with the determination of coaches up to and including termination of club membership.