2017-18 Fall/Winter SEASON
Gunstock Inn and Health Club of Concord
We begin our season in September and run through mid-March.
Practice attendance is flexible!
Attend the practice time in your designated group whichever day fits your schedule.
NEW THIS SEASON –
DISCOUNT BEING OFFERED FOR NEW SWIMMERS
We strive to provide a competitive swimming opportunity to area youth of all abilities in a supportive and challenging environment. Coaches, parents and swimmers work to foster the following ideals: sportsmanship, team pride, self-esteem, physical fitness, and commitment to self-improvement, learning & practicing swimming techniques, and having fun!
Our swimmers range in age from 5-19 years and abilities from novice to New England Championships level.
PRACTICE AND SWIM GROUPS
Tentative Swim Practice Schedule (We are working to add an additional practice day.)
Monday and Wednesday, Gilford
Group A- 6:30-7:30; Group B-6:45-8pm; Group C-7:00-8:45pm
Tuesday and Thursday, Concord
Group A- 6:30-7:30; Group B-6:45-8pm; Group C-7:00-8:45pm
(We are still finalizing pool and coaching schedules, so these times and locations may change slightly.)
Practices start Sept. 18 in Gilford and Sept. 21 in Concord for NEW swimmers, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Practice for all swimmers begins Sept. 25 in Gilford
Approximate age, 8 & under. Swimmers must be independent in the water, have taken some swim lessons, be able to put their face in the water, and swim at least the length of the pool. These practice sessions will offer more one on one attention from the Coach, and will focus on teaching proper basic swim techniques.
Approximate age 9 to 11. Swimmers must be independent in the water. They should have some experience with the four swim strokes, diving and turning. These practice sessions will focus on refining technique and improving endurance through drills and instruction.
Approximate age - 12 and up. Swimmers at this level should have a strong swimming ability and focus. These practice sessions will focus on refining technique, improving endurance and encourage strength training and competition improvement.
Tuition for the 2017-2018 Season includes - Flexible practice times, Team T-shirt, Team Picture, Team Yearbook.
Group A or any new swimmer (new to the team or did not swim the past 2 fall seasons)
Option I - Pay In Full - $550 + $76 USA Swimming Registration, paid in full at registration.
Option II – Monthly Payments – $150 spread over 4 payments of $150.00 + $76 USA Swimming Registration. At registration you will be required to pay your first installment of $150.00 + USA Swimming Registration. The remaining installments will be invoiced the first of each month and required payment received by: Nov. 15th, Dec. 15th, & Jan. 15th.
Group B and C (unless new swimmer)
Option I - Pay In Full - $750 + $76 USA Swimming Registration, paid in full at registration.
Option II – Monthly Payments – $800 spread over 4 payments of $200.00 + $76 USA Swimming Registration. At registration you will be required to pay your first installment of $200.00 + USA Swimming Registration. The remaining installments will be invoiced the first of each month and required payment received by: Nov. 15th, Dec. 15th, & Jan. 15th.
We ask that you please be prompt with your payments, and ALL final payment plan balances are DUE January 15th regardless of which month you began the payment plan, and may result in revocation of a child’s swimming privileges until the account is paid in full, or other arrangements have been made.
Additional fees and discounts
• USA Swimming Registration - $76
• LRW team suit (recommended) & LRW cap. More info will follow.
• Meet Fees - When a swimmer is entered into a meet which requires meet entry and event fees, the family will be billed for these fees as they are incurred.
- Multi-Swimmer Discount - $75 discount for siblings. First child pays full price.
Outreach Membership - Swimmers who receive free lunch at school are eligible for a USA Swimming membership at a reduced fee. A letter must accompany the membership application from the swimmer’s school verifying that the swimmer is receiving free lunch. (Please contact Linda Verville for more information)
- Swimmer Referral Credit - Any swim family, who was registered with the team during 2017-2018, can receive a $100 credit, per new swimmer who they refer to the team for the Winter 2017-18 season. If you referred a swimmer this past summer and they are continuing into the winter season, you may also claim this credit. Families must identify the referring family when registering (email registrar@lakesregionwavemakers as soon as you register). Credits will be issued to the referring family once the new swimmer has paid in full (these credits may not be deducted from your registration).
2 Week Trial
Each swimmer has a two-week trial period in which they can try the team. After two weeks should you decide to withdraw from the program, all funds less $126 (this includes $76 USA Swimming Registration + $50) will be refunded.
Once you have committed to the season and initiated a payment option, all financial commitments are due, regardless of the swimmer’s status on the team. This includes any swimmer who quits the team for any reason after the two weeks. Our financial obligations are calculated upon our swimmer registrations and those obligations must be met even if you withdraw. For that reason, withdrawal from the team after this time does not eliminate the commitment of payments. Delinquent accounts will be pursued fully even if the swimmer does not continue with the program.
- Go to www.lakesregionwavemakers.com and complete the online registration for your swimmer(s).
- At the end of the process you will be instructed to print and complete a Medical Information Form for each swimmer and NEW SWIMMERS will also have to print a 2018 USA Swim Registration Form.
- The USA Swim Registration is now part of the online process so returning swimmers do not have to complete and submit the paper form. It is your responsibility to make sure the information on the swimmer(s) is accurate and complete, including using the FULL middle name of the swimmer if he/she has one. New swimmers that have never been a USA Swim member must complete a paper 2018 USA Swim Reg. form and provide a copy of his/her birth certificate with your payment.
- The final step is to submit the Medical Info. Form, USA Swim & Birth Certificate if applicable and payment. We encourage returning swimmers to register asap and mail payment and paperwork to: LRW, P.O. Box 7145, Gilford, NH 03247. You will not be able to sign up for meets until the registration is completed online and all forms and payment are received.
You can also drop off registration at one of our Registration nights: Monday, Sept. 18th & Thurs. Sept. 21st 6:30-7:30 for new swimmers as well as the first regular practice on September 25. New swimmers are encouraged to attend for information, to meet the coaches and to submit your registration paperwork. Paperwork and payment may also be mailed to: LRW, P.O. Box 7145, Gilford, NH 03247.
Swimmers will NOT be allowed to attend practice or sign up for meets unless all registration forms and fees are collected. **All NEW swimmers MUST provide a copy of their Birth Certificate.
REACH FOR THE WAVE
Questions: Contact Linda Verville