2018 Spring USA Swimming Long Course and AAU Swimming
USA Sailfish Info Sheet
April 2nd - July 28th
(There will be abbreviated USA practice during April vacation week, 4/16-20)
1. Swimmers must be registered with USA Swimming and if doing AAU must be registered with AAU
2. USA meets will be approximately once/month, up to Championships – additional fees for meets apply** and AAU will have approximately 4 meets before Junior Olympics – additional fees for meets apply.
3. USA swimmers can compete in all Sailfish meets in addition to USA meets
Sailfish USA 1 (requires coaches’ approval for new to USA swimmers)
- this program is for 9 & older swimmers new to USA swimming or who are able to practice 2x/week
- swimmers must be able to do 10 x 50 free on 1:10 and know all strokes to participate in this practice
- Practices: Mon/Wed 5:30-6:30pm and Fri 4-5 (choose 2 of 3 days to swim)
Sailfish USA 2 (requires coaches’ approval for new to USA swimmers)
- this program is for swimmers who have been doing USA swimming and can practice 3x/week
- swimmers must be able to do 5 x 100 free on 1:45 and do a legal 200 IM to participate in this practice
- Practices: Mon/Wed 5:30-7 (5:30-6:30 pool, 6:30-7 dryland) and Fri 5-6:30 (swimmers attend all 3 days of practice)
Sailfish USA Senior (requires coaches’ approval for new to USA swimmers)
- This program is for swimmers who have been doing USA swimming
- Swimmers must be able to do 10 x 100 free on 1:30 to participate in this practice
- Practices: Mon/Wed 6-8pm with 6-6:30 being dryland/stretching/strengthening and 6:30-8 being pool time; Fri 5-6:30pm being all swim time
Current Sailfish Members: Online starting Thur, Mar 1st
SRFC Members: Mon, March 5 5-6pm (SRFC Pool Lobby) and by appointment
swim evaluation required
New to Sailfish Swimmers: Wed, Mar 7th 5-6:30pm and Thur, Mar 8th 7:00-7:30pm
(SRFC Pool Lobby) swim evaluation required
When competing in USA meets, every swimmer is striving to better their times every time in the pool but are also trying to qualify for championship season.
* REQUIRED PRACTICE EQUIPMENT for USA swimmers:
Short swim fins, pull-buoy, kick board, 12 & older swimmers also need paddles- preferably Finis Agility Yellow paddles
*Space is limited in these practices and these practices require coach approval
*USA Registration fee ($76) required and AAU Registration fee required ($14 for those doing AAU)
*Individual USA and AAU meet entry and event fees are paid for each meet signed up for.
*USA and AAU meets must be signed up for well in advance and if you commit to a met you are responsible for the meet fees even if you do not participate in the meet due to a change in your schedule.