2018 Spring Junior Sailfish Stroke Clinics(Apr-Jun)
2018 Spring Junior Sailfish Stroke Clinics Flyer
Two 5 week clinics that will cover one stroke a week with a review of strokes during the 5th week. This program will focus on stroke technique and drills as well as work on starts and turns. It will also help get swimmers ready for their summer teams.
Two 5 week sessions will be offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays and one session on Sundays; choose one clinic per week.
**This is not a swimming lesson, swimmers should know all 4 strokes**
Session 1: April 3rd – May 13th
Session 2: May 15th – June 14th (no Sunday clinics session 2)
- Tuesday, 4:30-5:30pm
- Tuesday, 5:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, 4:30-5:30pm
- Thursday, 5:30-6:30pm
- Sunday 4-5pm Session 1 only
- Sunday 5-6pm Session 1 only
Choose one clinic per week (must be same day/time each week)
Fall/Winter JUNIOR Sailfish/Developmental Swim Team (Sept-Mar)
Junior Sailfish/Developmental Team Info Sheet
• A developmental swim team for swimmers age 7-12 who are new to a swim team or those with limited times available to practice
• Focus is on stroke development, starts and turns and teaching swimmers how to workout on a team and participate in meets in a less competitive environment. Ratio is 1 coach to up to 8-10 swimmers per lane.
• Swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and 25 yards of backstroke. THIS IS NOT A SWIM LESSON BUT A COACHED PRACTICE
• There will be approximately 3 recreational meets during the season
2017/2018 Junior Dates: September 24, 2017 – March 9, 2019
*no practice holiday weekends and school vacation
Junior Practices: Choose one practice per week to attend (must be same one each week) ***please note that we have made the practice times 45 minutes and reduced the number of swimmers per lane***
Tues 5:30-6:15pm and 6:15-7pm Thur 4:30-5:15, 5:15-6:00 and 6:00-6:45 Sun 4-4:45 and 4:45-5:30pm
Space is limited in these practices and current and past Sailfish members have first chance to sign up for practice days and times.
Current and past Sailfish swimmers: Sign up can be done online through the website starting Fri, Aug 18
New to Sailfish Swimmers: Evaluation and tryout at SRFC pool Wed, 8/30 and Thur 8/31 from 6-7pm and if space still available in the programs Tues, 9/5 and Wed, 9/6 from 6-7pm
Payment is required to hold your spot All fees are non-refundable