(minimum Age of 6 years/Maximum age of 9)
Emilson Branch: MWF 5:15-6:30pm
Quincy Branch: MWF 5:45-7pm
- This group is the transition towards age group training. In addition to fine tuning legal technique in all four strokes swimmers will develop more stamina and athleticism. Swimmers will also start to understand the relationship of training and meet performance. Basic stretching and body balance dry land exercises are introduced at this level.
- Swimmers must be able to demonstrate proper and legal technique in all four strokes.
- Swimmers must be able to complete 50 yd freestyle and 50 yd back stroke and have a basic understanding of a proper turn for each.
- Swimmers must be able to complete a 100 IM.
- Swimmers must have a basic understanding of using a pace clock.
- Swimmers must be able to adhere to the team’s practice rules of : Being at practice to practice not play, behave in a manner that allows the coaches to coach and the other swimmers to practice, and follow directions and do things correctly.
- As the old saying goes, "You will get out of it, what you put into it." Recommended weekly attendance for this group is at least 2x’s per week, recommended attendance for best results is 3-4 x’s per week. Competition Required