The South Shore YMCA Strypers Swim Team is a former Silver Medal Club in the United States Swimming National Club Excellence Program(click link for more info).
As part of the South Shore YMCA, the Strypers embody the YMCA’s four core values of:
With these four values in mind, we seek to develop the individual in a competitive team atmosphere to be successful in swimming and in life. The South Shore YMCA Strypers, are committed to providing every swimmer with a safe environment in which they can develop the tools they need to grow personally, socially, and athletically.
The Strypers Swim Team exists to:
- Advance the sport of swimming and produce national caliber athletes on a consistent basis by providing every athlete with an environment that will allow him or her to systematically progress from the novice to the elite levels of competition.
- Recruit individuals (coaches and families) who share our vision.
- Provide all swimmers with the highest quality of coaching available, focused on developing a swimmer/athlete for life.
- Create and maintain an enjoyable and productive swimming environment.
- Recognize each individual and value his or her role in the success of our organization.
- Encourage positive mental attitudes and respect for all.
- Teach character development and life skills through swimming.
- Encourage family participation and parental support through volunteering. This includes parent chair committees, work events, officiating competitions, and fundraising.
- Provide swimmers with the opportunity to grow and succeed to their highest level.
- Teach swimmers the importance of being healthy and active.