M/W/F 5pm-6pm @ Emilson
M/W/F 5pm-6pm @ Quincy
minimum age 11
- This is for the older swimmer who is not quite ready for the requirements of our competitive groups. This group is also for the swimmer who cannot commit to the attendance and rigorous requirements of Gold and Senior Groups.
- Swimmers must be able to demonstrate proper and legal technique in all four strokes.
- Swimmers must be able to complete 50 yd freestyle and 50 yd back stroke and have a basic understanding of a proper turn for each.
- Swimmers must be able to complete a 100 IM.
- Swimmers must have a basic understanding of using a pace clock.
- Swimmers must be able to adhere to the team’s practice rules of : Being at practice to practice not play, behave in a manner that allows the coaches to coach and the other swimmers to practice, and follow directions and do things correctly.
- As the old saying goes, "You will get out of it, what you put into it." Recommended weekly attendance for this group is at least 2x’s per week, recommended attendance for best results is 3 x’s per week.
- *Competition for this group is not required but YMCA meets are recommended.