Beginner Swim Lessons
They will learn a basic understanding of swimming techniques. Emphasis will be placed on the development of proper swimming technique. Graduates can move on to the competitive swimming level.
Level 1 (Tadpoles): (Recommended for ages 3-5, No Swimming Experience Needed)
Beginner level swim lessons, teaching basic water skills designed to make your child feel confident and safe in the water.
Basic Skills include:
- Front Float
- Back Float
- Open eyes under water
- Bobbing (pushing off bottom from under water until face is above water)
- Jumping from the Deck
Level 2 (Frogs): (Recommended for ages 5 and up, Basic Water Skills Required)
Swim Lessons designed to teach your child how to move through the water with confidence and ease.
In the Frogs program they will learn and practice swimming skills including kicking, streamline and the proper arm movements for both freestyle and backstroke. Along with swimming skills, at this level your children will be introduced to various ways of entering the water through a diving progression starting from jumping and ending with standing dives.
These Swim Lessons are a fun and exciting way to introduce your children to the wonderful world of swimming. Whether they decide to continue on toward competitive swimming or end their swimming career here, they will take home the skills and confidence to enjoy the water safely!!!
Level 3(Barracudas): (Recommended for all ages who possess the prerequisite skills for competitive swimming)
(Swimmers should be able to swim a width of the pool without assistance)
(Our pool is a true 4' deep. Swimmer must be able to touch bottom and/or keep head above water).
Beginning competitive swimming skills and practice. This is a major step in your child's swimming career and our coaches are here to make it fun, challenging and exciting. Our coaches are trained to identify the skills that your child must have before beginning a competitive swim program. Therefore, to keep this program enjoyable for all, we must insist that our coaches have the final say in whether your child is ready to participate or not. The major emphasis is on the earliest stages of competitive swimming - freestyle, backstroke, appropriate breathing, and an overall sense of comfort in the water.
- Swimmers practice skills by doing width(s) of the pool with limited work on practicing 1 and 2 length(s) of the pool.
- Shallow and deep water orientation
- Concentrates on beginning instruction of all four competitive strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly).
- Swimmers will become comfortable in the water and are taught proper body positions and breathing techniques for each stroke.
- The strokes are separated into their basic elements to ensure proper skills.
- They are introduced to proper racing turns and starts.
There is a major emphasis on stroke technique, turns, starts, and fun. Swimmers should be able to complete one length of freestyle and backstroke. Swimmers will continue to develop proper technique and will begin to work on endurance. Swimmers should be able to swim all four competitive strokes legally before entering novice.
- Strokes are developed as work continues on coordinating arm and leg movements with proper breathing.
- Develop basic swimming mechanics for drills used in subsequent competitive swim levels.
- Endurance is increased
- Additional time is spent on turns and starts.
- Competition is not expected but welcome at this level.
USA Swim Meets
The most advanced swimmers in the LTS program may be invited to participate in USA Swim Meets.
Learn to Swim Sessions for 2019/2020 Season (Levels 1-4)
~ 12 Week Fall Thursday Session $144 @ Starpoint - Starts Thursday September 12th and runs through beginning of December.
~ 12 Week Fall Saturday Session $144 @ Starpoint - Starts Saturday September 14th and runs through beginning of December.
Member Fees for the 2019/2020 Season
- USA Insurance Flex 9/1/2019 - 12/31/2020 - $20
- This Flex membership has a restriction of no more than 2 sanctioned meets in a year.
- This fee is once a year
~ New swimmers will be evaulated at the start of the first session and placed in the appropriate level.
Lesson Times for Fall Thursday Session @ Starpoint
~ Level 1 - 6:00 - 6:45pm
~ Level 2 - 6:00 - 6:45pm
~ Level 3 - 6:00 - 7:00pm
~ Level 4 - 7:00 - 8:00pm
Lesson Times for Fall Saturday Session @ Starpoint
~ Level 1 - 10:30 - 11:15am
~ Level 2 - 10:30 - 11:15am
~ Level 3 - 10:30 - 11:30am
~ Level 4 - 10:30 - 11:30am
Each swimmer is required to register with Falcon Aquatics and USA Swimming by using the online registration system.
- Under no circumstances will an unregistered swimmer be allowed in the pool except for a coach’s evaluation.
- If swimmers do not follow signed swim rules, they will be asked to leave the club with no refunds.
Please E-mail/Call Coach Katelyn - Kaymae4@yahoo.com (628-8743) or Robyn Toth (731-2897) with any questions you may have.