Required: Fins, Kickboard, Equipment Bag
This is the entry level group into the program. The mission of this group is to introduce swimmers and parents to the sport of competitive swimming.
- Properly breathing to the side in freestyle with a good head position, long arm strokes with an above water recovery, and a consistent, smooth kick.
- Able to dive in head first.
- Able to do legal turns and finishes in all four strokes.
- Good body position and roll in the backstroke.
- Able to perform the glide phase of breaststroke.
- Knows how to count distance/lengths of sets/instructions.
- Able to circle swim.
- Knowledge of kickboard and fins.
- Knows the team Stroke Drill Progressions.
- Understands Safety Rules.
- Swimmer controls emotions at practice and at meets.
- Able to complete a legal 25 of each stroke.
- Able to execute a good streamline.
- Able to complete a legal 100 yard IM.
- Respectful of meet officials.
- Understands lane etiquette.
- Congratulates teammates/competitors.
- Encourages teammates.
- Communicates with coaches.
- Listens to coach, doesn’t talk while coach is talking.
- Respectful of others’ space in practice.
- Participates in group and team events.
- Respectful of pools, locker rooms, team equipment and other swimmers’ property.
- Picks up equipment and belongings after one’s self.
- Wears team suit and cap at meets.
- Wears team t-shirt at meets.
- Cheers with and for teammates.
- Helps pick up pool deck.