--- Future BlueFins ---
Thank you for your interest in the Webster BlueFins Trial Swim Program!
Below you will find some logistics related to the Sept 17th - 27th, 2018 Session that you need to know once you register your swimmer:
Day 1: Mon, September 17:
Arrive at the Webster Aquatic Center around 5:45 pm to sign in/check in. A brief meeting describing the trial swim and the BlueFins program will follow in the Webster Aquatic Center conference room. Swimmers will then be taken to the pool deck by a coach while parents stay for the brief meeting. Afterwards, parents will be directed upstairs to the bleacher area to watch.
Swimmers should come to this first practice already in their swimsuit prepared to start swimming immediately following the check in/meeting. They should bring their belongings on deck.
If you or your swimmer cannot attend the first day of the trial practice, please let us know so we can best accommodate your family in welcoming you to the trial program.
- Arrive around 10 minutes prior to start of each practice. Please note that lateness to any of the practices is disruptive to all the swimmers and coaches.
- Swimmers should come dressed in a swimsuit (one piece suit is preferable), and bring goggles and towel. Those with long hair should bring a cap (if they have one) or hair tie to keep hair out of their face. A limited number of BlueFins swim caps will be available for purchase for $3 the first night of the trial.
- Swimmers use locker rooms 3(Girls) & 4(Boys).
- Swimmers may attend as many days (Mon-Thurs) as they wish during the two week trial period. The schedule is listed below as well as on our website.
- A coach will be available in the lobby following practice to answer parent questions.
- After (or during) the two week trial, a coach will assist in group placement if the family chooses to register their swimmer(s) for the BlueFins Competitive swim program. Their website account will be activated and the family may then complete online registration.
- There will be a Bluefin representative at the beginning of EVERY practice for the duration of 2 weeks! Please talk to them. Ask ANY questions you have big or small. We also offer Open Forum Information sessions each week.
Trial Swim Schedule:
Let us know if you have any questions.[Contact Us]
Note that if your athlete has previously been registered with another USA or YMCA Club, you may contact a club representative for other trial swim options outside of the designated sessions.