We are excited to continue with additional offerings under the Webster BlueFins.
As of May 2017 BlueFins Team has launched a competitive diving program to be run in parallel with our competitive swimming program. Dave Salmon has been hired to lead the program and brings over 30 years of experience with him. He has been the Diving Coach at Fairport HS since 1991 and his divers at Fairport have won HS Sectional and NYS titles. (more...)
BlueFins Diving offers both 1 and 3 meter training with options from novice to experienced divers.
The Webster BlueFins invite you to join our diving program. The program is designed for divers of any ability level for ages 8 and up. Offerings include Learn-to-Dive, Advanced Diving, and Semi-Private lessons for current HS divers and may vary. Registrations are offered on a regular basis and will open when dates are finalized for each session.
To find out more, please contact Coach Dave at email@example.com.
Bluefins Diving Philosophy
At Bluefins we want you to be the best person you can be, both in and out of the pool. As coaches we will come prepared with an advanced skill set to maximize your learning potential and will always have a positive attitude, patience and provide encouragement each and every practice. Knowing that no two divers are the same, we are experienced in recognizing learning styles and can easily adapt our coaching techniques to address each diver individually. It is our desire to facilitate your growth in the following areas;
- use of proper progressions to safely teach you new dives
- teach you skills and drills that not only increase strength and flexibility but enhance the learning process
- to improve your diving using positive feedback and specific corrections
- to educate you on the physics and dynamics of diving to help you learn how and why things work the way they do
- to assist you in visualizing successful performance of mechanically correct dives
- to encourage unity among team members and coaching staff
- to accept challenge and address your limitations
- to acknowledge differences in ability and learning style
- to give you practical solutions to minimize fear of failure and the anxiety of taking risks
As a member of Bluefins Diving it is your responsibility to respond enthusiastically to encouragement in the following areas.
- be open to accept feedback from coaches and others
- respond to feedback from coaches and teammates positively
- to do your best to make corrections each time they are given
- participate in dryland training drills and skills that will develop your strength and flexibility
- to put forth a solid effort and be willing to try what is asked of you
- to maintain a positive and friendly attitude towards coaches and teammates
- to show enthusiasm and respond to feedback respectfully
- consider others needs to be as important as your own
- acknowledge small improvements, look at the big picture
- look for the positive outcomes on every dive, whether it went well or not
- recognize that some degree of fear is the “healthy normal” for divers, and that you will succeed in the face of it
- accept support and encouragement from coaches and others in a positive and respectful way
As coaches we strongly believe that focusing on these areas will dramatically help the diver improve both in the pool and in life. We know you will love our practices because we love coaching!
To find out more or to register, please contact Coach Dave.