Berkeley Aquatic Club Athlete Scholarships
Totally need-based with need calculations performed by TADS on-line system
- To complete application, you will need to upload 2020 income tax forms and other financial information into TADS
- TADS information is only seen by two Scholarship Committee members
- There is a place on the application to explain extenuating circumstances
- Every applicant will be able to speak with a committee member so that each individual family’s needs are understood
- Application opened as of March 15. Decisions will be issued by mid-June.
- Open to current and new BAC swimmers of all ages and levels (not currently available for Swim School)
- Award amount dependent on need, number of applicants, and fund availability
- Recipients must be and continue to be “good BAC citizens” with commendable attitudes and attendance
- Confidential: applications and awards known only to recipients, scholarship committee (not current BAC Parents), and head coach.
- To apply, please send an email to the Scholarship fund at: [email protected]
For families with more regularly occurring financial needs for scholarship, please message [email protected] to start our standard process.
Berkeley Aquatic Club Swim School Scholarship
The Berkeley Aquatic Club Swim School Scholarship is a need based scholarship for new or continuing swim school student for anyone age 3-18 in our group lessons or clinics. Scholarships are awarded for each set of lessons based on family needs and availability of funds. Families are asked to fill out the annual scholarship form and forward it to [email protected]
You can fill the form out before or after you have registered and we will either reimburse the fees you have already paid or pay the fees in advance. A group of Alumni parents evaluate the form and make the awards. The bookkeeper for the swim school is the only other person who is aware of who is a scholarship recipient. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us. Please feel free to email scholarship with any questions.
We are excited to announce that for 2021-22, the Berkeley Aquatic Club Scholarship Committee have committed to providing the equivalent of a free full year’s group lesson instruction for 25 students.
The BAC Scholarship Fund is committed to promote participation in Berkeley Aquatic Club programs eliminating financial, social and logistical barriers in accordance with the mission of Berkeley Aquatic Club to shape and strengthen character through the sport of swimming.
SWIM LESSON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
RECENT ARTICLE: Needs Based Scholarships Available Fall 2021-22