Overview of Fundraising
BAC’s operations are only partially covered through membership dues. The remaining costs are covered through the Fundraising Commitment. The Fundraising Commitment is a per family fee that is an obligation, not an option. Fundraising fees represent the part of membership fees that MAY be “earned” through our fundraising program rather than paid directly out-of-pocket. It is an attempt to make our swimming program more affordable. Families have the option not to participate in the Fundraising program and be billed.
The Fundraising Commitment for the 2018-19 Season is outlined below (same as 2017-18):
· $650 for Junior/Senior families
· $375 for Age Group families
· $150 for TYM families
If you have multiple swimmers in your family, you should follow the guidance for your highest level swimmer.
This year, we will be requiring that at least one third of the Fundraising Commitment be completed by November 24. If families do not earn the required amount by November 24, they will be billed. We will be communicating specific deadlines for the various fundraisers this fall. Anything over the one third by November 24 will roll over to the remaining commitment. Your remaining Fundraising Commitment will be due by the end of the swim year in July. Any unearned Fundraising Commitment will be billed on August 1st. Fundraising is prorated for families who join later in the year. Families joining after Memorial Day are exempt from the Fundraising Commitment.
Fundraising Commitment Opportunities
We offer the following programs which can be used to fulfill the Fundraising Commitment:
· Swim-a-long (90% counts toward the Fundraising Commitment) Details to follow.
· BAC Tile Program (tiles cost $150, $75 counts)
· BAC Speedo Store (15% counts vs. receiving 15% discount on items in store)
· Pre-Ordering Grocery Gift Cards (5% counts)
· Shop with Scrip Program (1-16% counts, varies by retailer)
· Genevieves Fundraiser: (40% counts)
· Mixed Bag Fundraiser: (40% counts)
Please note that the monies put towards the Fundraising Commitment are NOT tax deductible. Since it is a requirement and actually part of our FEES, it's not a voluntary donation. However, if you give more than your required amount, the portion of your donation that is in excess of the value you receive is. In practicality, that means that the Scrip and food coupons are not tax deductible in any circumstances.
We are always happy to have people exceed their Fundraising Commitment. For example, many people buy grocery gift cards routinely, whether or not they have met their commitment. BSA still makes 5% profit on the gift cards and the profit made keeps our membership fees as low as possible.
BAC Tile Program
BAC families (past and present) and swim school families can leave their permanent mark on the BAC facility, while earning credit towards your annual fundraising commitment. Families may purchase a tile with their child’s original design, which will become permanently installed in the swim school/locker room hallway.
Cost is $150 per tile, 50% ($75 per tile) will be credited towards your fundraising obligation.
More details on how the program works to follow. Check out the current tile wall now in the swim school/locker room hallway!
BAC Speedo Store
The Speedo store currently provides BAC families with a 15% discount on all items in the store. BAC families can now opt to pay full price and have 15% of their purchase be credited to their BSA Fundraising Commitment INSTEAD of receiving the discount.
Pre-Ordering Grocery Gift Cards
Grocery cards can only be pre-ordered, we will not be selling cards in the lobby at BAC.
Families can pre order and pay for grocery cards for Shop-Rite, Stop & Shop and Kings. 5% of each $100 gift card counts toward your Fundraising Commitment. Families must submit checks to the BSA Treasurer’s Mailbox by the 15th of each month, in an envelope addressed to Chenxia Duan. Checks MUST be made out to BSA. In the note section on the check, families must include the following:
· Swimmer’s name and team
· How many cards and for what store
Please note, ShopRite and Kings should take approximately one week to secure, however Stop and Shop will take 2-3 weeks. Considering the timing above, families can then collect the cards in the Speedo shop.
If you have any questions concerning Grocery Gift Card Sales, please contact: Chenxia Duan email@example.com.
Shop with Scrip Program
The online ShopWithScrip program enables you to purchase gift cards from hundreds of different vendors. These gift cards are the same gift cards you can purchase directly from retailers. Scrip is just another way to pay for everyday purchases using gift cards in place of cash, checks, and credit cards. You purchase gift cards through ShopWithScrip.com at face value, and BAC orders those cards at a reduced price. The difference between face value and what BAC pays = your fundraising. Just paying for everyday things (i.e. groceries, gas) with Scrip allows you to fundraise. You are not buying anything you do not need!
· SIGN UP: To set up an account for Scrip go to www.shopwithscrip.com. Click on Register at the top of the page. The club Enrollment code is B33AL5D4174L8 (Case Sensitive!) Please include your youngest swimmer's name in the "Student Name" field when entering your account information on the registration page.
· PRESTOPAY: In order to participate in the ShopWithScrip program at BAC, you must create a PrestoPay account. Through PrestoPay, payment will be made directly from your designated bank account for the face value of your order, plus a $0.15 convenience fee. To create a PrestoPay account:
1. Click on the PrestoPay link on your Dashboard.
2. Enter your bank account and account holder information (account and routing number).
3. Within 2-3 business days, ShopWithScrip will deposit two small amounts in your bank account. The next time you log in, enter these amounts in your PrestoPay registration to verify the account, and choose a PIN number to use for online payment.
4. You will receive an email with an approval code to send to your coordinator. Email the Scrip Coordinator and give her the code. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org She'll approve you and email you right back.
· CONFIRM that you are member of Blue Streak Aquatic and that your fundraising will go to BAC by clicking on Manage Non-Profits within your Account Settings. If you are already registered with another organization you can add Blue Streak to your list and choose which organization you want your contribution to go to each time you shop.
· ORDER cards from as many vendors as you want. Don't just think of them as gift cards to give as presents. Order cards for groceries, gas, clothing stores, and restaurants for family dinners out, etc. It's an easy and "free" way to make your fundraising commitment.
· CARD TYPES: Both physical gift cards (plastic) and ScripNOW (electronic) gift cards can be purchased. ScripNow orders are processed immediately and emailed to you directly in minutes. Physical gift cards can be Reloaded for immediate use as well.
· IMPORTANT DATES: Orders for physical gift cards are placed on the 1st and 15th of the month. Please make certain you place your order BEFORE the 1st or 15th. As soon as the gift cards arrive (a few days after the 15th or 1st), we will send out a message to say the gift cards may be picked up from the grocery card sellers. When you pick up your order, check to make sure it is correct, and then sign off.
Mixed Bag (Reusable bags, fabric totes, kitchen/home items)
You may begin purchasing from the Mixed Bag program as it has started! 40% of your total purchase will be credited toward your Fundraising Commitment. Fall Program will end on December 16th but then we will open the Spring fundraiser. Please order Fall merchandise before the deadline as they sometimes run out of items.
You may by going to BAC's Mixed Bag Fundraising Page http://www.mixedbagdesigns.com/?fundraiserid=113088 . Make sure you see Blue Streak Aquatic or our team's ID number 113088 at the top. Include your swimmers name in this section to ensure credit to your Fundraising Commitment. You may then order online and items will be shipped to you directly.
Out-of-Town Friends & Family Shopping Online - You may also send the link to friends, not in the area, and they can order their own products and it will be shipped directly to their home. You can forward them the direct link http://www.mixedbagdesigns.com/?fundraiserid=113088 or have them visit Mixed Bag Designs home page (www.mixedbagdesigns) and enter BAC/BSA's fundraiser ID (113088). Please also instruct them to enter your swimmer’s full name where indicated at the top of the home screen to ensure you receive credit towards your Fundraising Commitment. Please note that these orders will be charged shipping.
Email email@example.com with any questions.
40% of your purchase will go towards Fundraising
Superb product offerings, many coming from well-known national suppliers like:
- Stonewall Kitchen
- Crabtree & Evelyn
- Boston Coffee Cake
- Mrs. Fields Cookies
- Hebert Chocolates
- Boulevard Candles
- Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies
- Morley Chocolates
- David’s Cookies and David’s Gourmet Cheesecakes
- Auntie Anne’s
- Lake Champlain Chocolates
- Thirty-seven beautiful and creative gift wrap patterns
- Unique and personalized fundraising products such as Custom Photo Cards, Photo Plate Kit, and Art Plate Kit
- To begin ordering choose SHOP
- Your Account Number is: 14561 This Number is necessary to give you proper credit for online orders.
- Make sure the School or Charity Name reads – BLUE STREAK AQUATIC
- You must fill in grade(TEAM), teacher(COACH) and your swimmers first and last name and your last name if different
- You will also have to register as a new customer the first time using the site
- SHIPPING on all orders valued at $79 or more ship for free! For orders below $79, the shipping charge is the published UPS rate. Items should be received within 7-9 business days of order date
BSA is a member of United Way and you can contribute to BSA by donating to United Way through corporate sponsorship. The advantage of this donation is that some corporations will make matching gifts to BSA, doubling your contribution. However, it cannot count towards your Fundraising Commitment since it is tax deductible. To make a donation to BSA through United Way, simply give our United Way number (Blue Streak Aquatic, Inc. #017541) to your United Way coordinator and the money will be forwarded to us. You will receive a receipt from United Way and from us. Please let us know the amount and your employer if you decide to make a donation in this manner because the checks are often not well labeled and it's difficult to know who has donated the money.
Blue Streak Aquatic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. The money is not credited to your Fundraising Commitment, but it does help BSA meet our budget. Any time you shop with Amazon.com, click the Amazon Logo on the left to begin shopping.